- 4DS Memory (4DS) shares are trading in the green after the company released its activities and cash flow report for the June quarter
- The company received two lots of memory wafers from its production partner over the period
- Results from testing on these wafers are expected in mid-August
- 4DS reported a cash balance of $4.3 million for the period, which is enough to see it through the next three quarters based on current spending levels
- 4DS Memory shares are up 3.45 per cent to trade at 15 cents at 1:02 pm AEST
4DS Memory (4DS) shares are trading in the green after the company released its activities and cash flow report for the June quarter.
The memory technology company received two batches of its memory wafers from its production partner, imec, which were sent for testing.
4DS said it is still in the process of completing analysis on both sets of wafers it received, noting the process was “extremely time-consuming” due to the large number of test structures available.
Results from both sets of wafers are expected by mid-August this year, provided there are no unforeseen equipment or technical difficulties.
The company also expanded its US patent portfolio to 31 over the period, with two currently pending in relation to “Interface Switching ReRAM for Storage Class Memory.”
In terms of finances, 4DS reported just under $1 million in operating expenses over the quarter, taking its cash total to $4.3 million, compared with $5.5 million at 31 March 2021.
The ASX-lister attributed the bigger spend to an increase in research and development expenditure and higher staff costs.
Based on these spending levels, 4DS reported enough cash and equivalents to see it through the next three quarters.
4DS Memory shares were up 3.45 per cent to trade at 15 cents at 1:02 pm AEST.