- Aeon Metals (AML) launches exploration activities at its Walford Creek copper-cobalt project in north-west Queensland
- The company has developed an “aggressive” exploration drilling strategy, to complement advancements made to the existing Walford Creek resource, and test new targets
- Aeon says it’s looking to test the potential scale of the entire Walford Creek mineralisation system with drilling to kick of mid-May
- Following an electromagnetic survey, the drill rigs will move to initial drill testing of the satellite targets which were identified from magnetic and gravity surveys in 2021
- Aeon Metals shares are down 2.6 per cent trading at 3.7 cents at 2:01pm AEST
Aeon Metals (AML) has launched exploration activities at its Walford Creek copper-cobalt project in north-west Queensland.
The company has developed an “aggressive” drilling exploration strategy, with the aim of complementing advancements made to the existing Walford Creek resource, along with testing new targets.
Initially, Aeon’s drilling will focus on expanding the mineral resources west of the recently updated Marley and Vardy deposits into the Le Mans zone. Parallel to this, it will target higher grade copper in the Amy West zone.
The company is also hoping to commence a collaborative exploration incentive (CEI) funded airborne electromagnetic (AEM) survey in July.
Overall, the company said it’s looking to test the potential scale of the entire Walford Creek mineralisation system.
Once the AEM survey is completed, the rigs will move to test any targets generated, as well as satellite targets identified following magnetic and gravity surveys completed in 2021.
“Our objective is to demonstrate the full potential of the project area to host a significantly larger resource,” said Aeon Managing Director and CEO Dr Fred Hess.
“With the increasing recognition of the importance of critical minerals, this focus on project scale is crucial to future development pathways.”
Aeon Metals shares were down 2.6 per cent, trading at 3.7 cents at 2:01pm AEST.