- Alexium International Group (AJX) has signed a supply and evaluation agreement with Israel Solutions to launch Alexiflam NF
- The parties first signed an MoU in April last year to utilise their sales, marketing and technical resources
- Alexiflam NF is Alexium’s flame retardant developed for cotton and cellulose-based textiles
- Flame retardant cotton is a key part in the protective fabrics market and is commonly used for socks, foam mattresses, cotton fleece, and military uniforms
- Alexium is up 20.8 per cent and shares are trading for 6.4 cents each
Alexium International Group (AJX) has signed a supply and evaluation agreement with Israel Solutions to launch Alexiflam NF.
This agreement follows an MoU signed with Israel Solutions, a major flame retardant chemical company. The agreement was signed in April 2019 to utilize sales, marketing and technical resources and commercialise Alexiflam NF in key markets.
Alexiflam NF is Alexium’s flame retardant, developed for cotton and cellulose-based textiles. Flame retardant cotton (FR cotton) is a key part of the protective fabrics market, with a global market size of more than 300 million square yards per annum.
Alexiflam can be used to make flame retardant socks, foam mattresses, cotton fleece, and military uniforms.
“Over the past year, work with our business partner has been productive, and we have identified a strong list of target markets and customers for Alexiflam NF,” Alexium CEO Dr. Bob Brookins said.
“By combining Alexium’s unique & proprietary chemistry with their marketing and sales distribution infrastructure, the management team has positioned Alexium to access these flame retardant markets,” he added.
This agreement is the second announced this month. On April 15, Alexium signed a supply agreement with Soft-Tex International. Soft-Tex will exclusively purchase Alexium’s Alexicool phase change material (PCM) products for bedding systems based on its Reactex technology.
Alexium is up 20.8 per cent today and shares are trading for 6.4 cents each at 11:51 am AEST.