- Altech Chemicals (ATC) establishes a research and development lab in Perth, Western Australia
- Altech is focused on developing its battery materials coating technology which was previously tested at Curtin University but there were availability issues
- Having its own facility allows the company to conduct a full range of research, development and test work to refine its technology
- The lab has been in the commissioning phase since May and is close to finalisation
- Company shares are trading steady at 4.7 cents
Altech Chemicals (ATC) has established a research and development lab in Perth, Western Australia.
The lab was previously occupied by an environmental consulting business but has since been converted and customised for Altech to advance the development of its battery materials coating technology.
Prior to this, Altech relied on Curtin University to conduct the required work which faced availability issues.
Having its own facility, allows the company to conduct a full range of research, development and test work to refine its graphite and silicon particle battery materials high-purity alumina (HPA) coating technology.
The first samples of battery materials have now arrived at the Subiaco-based lab and the company will start undertaking various rounds of development tests.
Another round of half-cell battery performance tests is also planned which will further test the performance of graphite and silicon particles that have been coated using Altech’s alumina technology.
The newly established lab has been in the commissioning phase since May and is close to finalisation.
Company shares were trading steady at 4.7 cents at 1:30 pm AEST.