Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Anax Metals (ANX) unveils “outstanding” assay results from recent drilling at the Evelyn deposit within its Whim Creek project in WA’s West Pilbara region
  • The results come from two diamond holes in the area, with both holes striking near-surface zones of copper, zinc and lead, according to Anax
  • Some of the best lab assay results include an 18-metre hit at 2.52 per cent copper, 7.22 per cent zinc, 0.69 per cent lead, 60 g/t silver and 0.83 g/t gold from 41 metres
  • Meanwhile, Anax says it remains on track to deliver its planned definitive feasibility study (DFS) for Whim Creek before the end of September this year
  • Shares in Anax Metals last traded at 8.4 cents on June 1

Anax Metals (ANX) has unveiled “outstanding” assay results from recent drilling completed at the Evelyn deposit within its Whim Creek project in WA’s West Pilbara region.

The junior explorer said the results came from two diamond holes in the project targeting high- and moderate-grade copper and zinc domains.

Both holes struck near-surface zones of copper, zinc and lead in the form of semi-massive to massive sulphides, according to Anax.

Specifically, lab assays from one hole returned an 18-metre hit at 2.52 per cent copper, 7.22 per cent zinc, 0.69 per cent lead, 60 grams per tonne (g/t) silver and 0.83 g/t gold from 41 metres. This hit included a 12-metre zone at 3.63 per cent copper, 10 per cent zinc, 0.98 per cent cobalt, 86 g/t silver and 1.22 g/t gold.

Meanwhile, the second hole struck a 20-metre interval at 2.65 per cent copper, 11.3 per cent zinc and 0.99 per cent lead.

Anax Managing Director Geoff Laing said the results confirmed the Evelyn deposit could provide “considerable upside” to Whim Creek project outcomes.

“Metallurgical test work is well advanced and initial indications suggest that Evelyn ore will be highly compatible with the processing flow sheet currently being finalised for both the Mons Cupri and Whim Creek ore deposit,” Mr Laing said.

“It is envisaged that Evelyn ore will feed directly into the Whim Creek development scenario.”

As far as this project development goes, Anax said it remained on track to deliver its planned definitive feasibility study (DFS) for Whim Creek before the end of September this year.

The company plans to complete geotechnical and engineering studies to support the DFS in June.

Meanwhile, Anax has lodged a Works Approval application with the WA Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) for the project.

Anax owns 80 per cent of the Whim Creek project, with the remaining 20 per cent held by fellow ASX-listed Develop Global (DVP).

Shares in Anax Metals last traded at 8.4 cents on June 1.

ANX by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Cavalier Resources (ASX:CVR) - Executive Technical Director, Daniel Tuffin

" Cavalier Resources (ASX:CVR) begins PFS at Crawford

Cavalier Resources (ASX:CVR) has begun a pre-feasibility study (PFS) at the Crawford Gold Project within the…
Ten Sixty Four (ASX:X64) - Outgoing Managing Director, Paul Ryan Welker

" Ten Sixty Four (ASX:X64) terminates services agreement of former MD, Paul Ryan Welker

Ten Sixty Four (ASX:X64) has terminated the executive services agreement of former Managing Director Paul Ryan…

" M3 Mining (ASX:M3M) identifies drill targets at Edjudina

M3 Mining (ASX:M3M) has identified prospective gold-in-soil anomalies at the Edjudina gold project 150 kilometres northeast…

" Good Drinks Australia (ASX:GDA) commences the sale of Molson Coors and Magners

Good Drinks Australia (ASX:GDA) begins to sell the Miller Chill, Miller Genuine Draught, Coors, Molson Canadian…