- Victoria records zero local cases today after over 15,000 tests, following three cases over the past two days
- State authorities say all three cases are close primary contacts of existing cases and have been isolating throughout their infectious period
- Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley says the state is on track to ease restrictions further on Friday
- Meanwhile, New South Wales and Queensland continue to record zero community cases after their recent COVID scare from Victorian travellers
Victoria is on track to ease restrictions further later this week as community COVID-19 cases continue to fall.
It's another doughnut day for the state today, with zero new local cases after more than 15,000 tests.
This comes after Victoria recorded three new cases over the past two days — one on Sunday and two on Monday. All three cases were primary close contacts of existing cases and have been quarantining throughout their infectious period, according to Victoria's Department of Health.
Reported yesterday: 0 new local cases and 3 new cases acquired overseas (currently in HQ).— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) June 14, 2021
- 9,997 vaccine doses were administered
- 15,067 test results were received
More later: https://t.co/0xmnS4N9DN#COVID19Vic #COVID19VicData pic.twitter.com/5d0iniyMwB
However, residents of a large townhouse complex in Melbourne's Southbank suburb have been thrust into isolation after two recent cases were linked to the building.
One case is an aged-care worker who tested positive for the coronavirus last week, while the other tested positive over the weekend. The townhouse cases have sparked fears of transmission between the buildings, and as such, Victorian authorities placed the entire complex into lockdown.
Nevertheless, Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley said the townhouse cases were not impacting current plans to ease restrictions further on Friday.
Meanwhile, New South Wales and Queensland continue to report zero community cases of COVID-19 after their recent coronavirus scare.
A couple from Victoria drove from Greater Melbourne down to the Sunshine Coast earlier this month, making several stops along the way before testing positive to COVID-19.
The incident sent NSW and Queensland authorities into a testing frenzy to ensure that the couple did not spread the virus on their journey.
So far, no positive cases have been returned from all the testing of the key exposure sites, suggesting Queensland and New South Wales may be in the clear.