- Auroch Minerals (AOU) has signed a drilling contract with Seismic Drilling Services to lock in a drill rig for the next 12 months
- The contract will cover drilling programs across the Nepean, Leinster and Saints Nickel Projects at the Norseman-Wiluna Greenstone Belt in WA
- Seismic will dedicate a multipurpose drill rig to the programs, allowing both reverse circulation and diamond drilling using the same rig
- Auroch Managing Director Aidan Platel says locking in this contract in WA is a great achievement due to the current difficultly to source contractors
- Auroch Minerals is down 4 per cent, trading at 24 cents
Auroch Minerals (AOU) has signed a drilling contract to lock in a drill rig for the next 12 months.
Auroch has contracted Seismic Drilling Services for drilling programs over the next year across its three high-grade nickel sulphide assets.
These assets include the Nepean, Leinster and Saints Nickel Projects, all located in the nickel-endowed Norseman–Wiluna Greenstone Belt in WA.
Seismic will dedicate a LMP 2000 multipurpose drill rig to Auroch’s nickel sulphide portfolio. This will allow the company to drill both reverse circulation and diamond drill-holes using the same rig across 20,000 metres of drilling.
Currently this drill rig is on site at the Nepean Nickel Project, completing a 3500-metre reverse circulation program.
“It is currently very difficult to source and contract drill rigs in Western Australia, so being able to lock a rig in for the next year is a great achievement,” said Auroch Managing Director Aidan Platel.
“The flexibility that comes with a multi-rig being able to drill both reverse circulation and diamond holes will be invaluable when tackling the wide range of drill-holes we have planned for this year across all three nickel sulphide assets. Importantly, the rig will undertake both resource drilling as well as exploring high-potential targets for possible new high-grade nickel sulphide discoveries.”
Auroch Minerals is down 4 per cent, trading at 24 cents at 10:00 am AEDT.