- Auroch Minerals (AOU) begins sampling to assess the Nepean project’s lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) mineralisation potential
- Multiple pegmatite intrusions have been identified at the WA-based project including at the historical Nepean nickel mine and from a recently completed drill hole
- NPDD008 intersected 700 metres of pegmatite intrusions including one 350-metre thick pegmatite in the hanging wall below the historical mine workings
- Auroch is sampling the pegmatites from the drill core which will be assayed for LCT mineralisation
- Auroch’s shares are up 11.8 per cent to trade at 19 cents at 1:45 pm AEDT
Auroch Minerals (AOU) has begun sampling to assess the lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) mineralisation potential of the Nepean project in Western Australia.
The sampling program follows the identification of pegmatite intrusions throughout the project area, including the historical Nepean nickel mine, where pegmatites intruded the mine sequence but weren’t followed up.
The company also identified the pegmatite potential in the recently completed diamond hole which was drilled into the Nepean Deeps target.
Hole NPDD008 successfully intersected 46 metres of komatiitic ultramafics over three intervals which are prospective for nickel sulphide mineralisation. It also intersected about 700 metres of pegmatite intrusions including one 350-metre thick pegmatite in the hanging wall below the historical mine workings.
Auroch is sampling the pegmatites from the diamond drill core and the samples will be assayed for LCT mineralisation.
Managing Director Aidan Platel said there was significant potential across the Nepean project.
“Our recently completed maiden diamond drill-hole into the very promising Nepean Deeps nickel sulphide target has provided us with significant intervals of fresh pegmatite intrusions in drill core, and we have initiated sampling of these zones in order to test for potential LCT mineralisation,” he said.
Downhole geophysical surveys are being completed on NPDD008 to test for conductive units that may represent nickel sulphide mineralisation within 100 to 150 metres.
The company will use the results to design the next phase of drilling at Nepean Deeps.
Shares were up 11.8 per cent to trade at 19 cents at 1:45 pm AEDT.