- Azure Minerals (AZS) has confirmed high-grade nickel-copper sulphide at its Andover Nickel-Copper Project in WA
- Exploration began at the site in August with aims to test extensions of the sulphide mineralisation intersected in previous holes
- The first two holes intersected nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation with grades peaking at 2.85 per cent nickel and 1.14 per cent copper
- Results for the third hole are pending while testing at the fourth is nearing completion
- Azure is up a steady 22.2 per cent and shares are trading for 44 cents each
Azure Minerals (AZS) has confirmed high-grade nickel-copper sulphide at its Andover Nickel-Copper Project.
Andover is located in the West Pilbara and is held in a joint venture with Creasy Group, with Azure holding 60 per cent and Creasy holding the remaining 40 per cent.
Azure began its first exploration program at Andover in August, undertaking fixed-loop electromagnetic (FLTEM) surveying, diamond drilling, and downhole electromagnetic (DHTEM) surveying.
The first three holes tested extensions of the sulphide mineralisation intersected in historical hole ADRC002 and DHTEM conductors.
A fourth hole is currently testing a new target zone defined by a strong electromagnetic conductor.
This first hole intersected a wide nickel and copper sulphide mineralisation interval, beginning at 81.6 metres downhole.
Best results include 3.9 metres at 2.85 per cent nickel and 0.47 per cent copper from 94.5 metres, and five metres at 2.09 per cent nickel and 1.14 per cent copper from 116 metres.
Hole two intersected two mineralised trends with the lower corresponding with the down-dip extension of the massive to semi-massive sulphide intersected in ANDD0001.
Results include 4.6 metres at 2.41 per cent nickel and 0.48 per cent copper from 113 metres and 13.6 metres at 1.19 per cent nickel and 0.38 per cent copper from 104 metres.
Assays for hole ANDD0003 are pending while testing of hole ANDD0004 is nearing completion.
“With assays confirming that the massive and semi-massive seen visually in the first two drill holes contain high grades of nickel and copper, the Andover Project is swiftly confirming our confidence in its potential to host a substantial nickel-copper deposit,” Managing Director Tony Rovira commented.
“While we’re still at an early stage of our exploration, the intersection of good widths of nickel and copper sulphide mineralisation at shallow depth bodes well for further success,” he said.
“With additional drilling success, there is potential here for a sizeable nickel and copper deposit typical of other layered mafic-ultramafic-hosted nickel-copper deposits in Western Australia,” he added.
Azure is up a steady 22.2 per cent and shares are trading for 44 cents each at 1:36 pm AEDT.