Total
0
Shares
Azure Minerals (ASX:AZS) intersects nickel-copper sulphides at Andover
Source: Azure Minerals
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Azure Minerals (AZS) has found nickel and copper sulphides in the first three diamond holes at the VC-23 target on the Andover Project in WA
  • Drilling at Andover is aimed at defining a mineral resource at the VC-07 conductor, as well as testing the VC-23 target, which has yielded pleasing historical results
  • All drill holes have been prepared for geophysical surveys which will be completed shortly and assist with additional drilling.
  • The holes have been logged and samples have been dispatched to the lab for analysis, while drilling of the fourth hole is underway
  • Company shares are trading 11.1 per cent higher at 55 cents

Azure Minerals (AZS) has found nickel and copper sulphide mineralisation in the first three diamond core holes at the VC-23 target on the Andover Project.

Azure owns a 60 per cent stake in the WA-based project, while Creasy Group owns the remaining 40 per cent.

Drilling recommenced on January 14 and is aiming to define a mineral resource at the VC-07 conductor which is believed to represent a continuous body of bedrock sulphide mineralisation that extends for more than 1050 metres and over 200 metres down dip.

The program is also testing the VC-23 target which has yielded pleasing historical results.

VC-23 is the first of the high-priority targets being tested. So far, three holes have been completed, with the fourth in progress.

The sulphide mineralisation found in all three holes was observed in various forms, including banded massive, semi-massive, matrix and disseminated sulphides hosted in gabbro and similar mafic rocks.

Hole ANDD0009 intersected several zones of massive and matrix nickel-copper sulphides within an overall 8.6-metre-wide mineralised envelope commencing at 65.8 metres downhole.

AND0010 intersected two broad zones of disseminated nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation roughly 40 metres to the south of a previously drilled hole.

The third hole, ANDD0011, intersected 3.1 metres of weathered iron-nickel-copper-rich rocks from 4.1 metres downhole, which are interpreted to represent semi-oxidised sulphides.

All drill holes have been prepared for geophysical surveys, which will be completed shortly and assist with additional drilling.

The three holes have been logged and samples have been dispatched to the lab for analysis.

Company shares are trading 11.1 per cent higher at 55 cents at 11:23 am AEDT.

AZS by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Apollo Consolidated (ASX:AOP) reports new assay results at Lake Rebecca

" Strategic Energy Resources (ASX:SER) highlights potential at East Tennant

Strategic Energy Resources (SER) has received results that have highlighted the mineral potential of its East Tennant Project in the Northern Territory.
Kula Gold (ASX:KGD) finds copper mineralisation at Brunswick

" Kula Gold (ASX:KGD) set to raise $930k for WA exploration

Kula Gold (KGD) has received firm commitments to undertake a $930,000 placement.
Highfield Resources (ASX:HFR) - CEO, Ignacio Salazar - The Market Herald

" Highfield Resources’ (ASX:HFR) Muga Mine endorsed by Govt. study

The Government of Navarra has released an independent study endorsing the impact of Highfield Resources’ (HFR) Muga Mine.
Avenira (ASX:AEV) identifies two potential gold trends at Jundee

" Drilling to commence at Sipa Resources’ (ASX:SRI) Murchison gold project

 Drilling is scheduled to commence shortly at Sipa Resources’ (SRI) Murchison Gold Project in Western Australia.