- Gold miner Bassari Resources (BSR) has appointed Junction Contract Mining as the contract miners for its Makabingui gold project
- Makabingui contains a multi-million ounce gold resource and is located in Senegal, West Africa
- JCM is a Perth-based mining services provider with a vast experience within West Africa
- The necessary equipment has been supplied and will allow for exploration to begin at the project in the near future
- Bassari Resources is up 11.8 per cent and shares are trading for 1.9 cents each
Gold miner Bassari Resources (BSR) has appointed Junction Contract Mining SARL as the contract miner for its Makabingui gold project in Senegal, West Africa.
JCM is a Perth-based mining services provider with a long and successful history of contract mining in West Africa.
It has supplied and exported necessary equipment to Senegal, including excavators, trucks, loaders, drilling rigs, grader, bulldozer, compactor, a telescopic handler and more.
The new equipment is sourced from Europe and will allow for mining activities at Makabingui to commence in the near future.
The Makabingui project is located in the south-eastern part of Senegal and covers a 128 square kilometre area. It consists of gold contained in four high grade pits within the permit.
Makabingui currently hosts a Mineral Resource which comprises 11.9 million tonnes averaging 2.6 g/t gold for a contained 1 million ounces of gold.
JCM will conduct a variety of works including: planning and management, mobilisation and maintenance of equipment, constructing and managing in-pit drainage, excavation and haulage of all waste rock, carry out secondary crushing of ore at mine site, and more.
Bassari Resources is up 11.8 per cent and shares are trading for 1.9 cents each at 1:02 pm AEDT.