- Beacon Minerals (BCN) has extended gold mineralisation at the Lost Dog deposit, which lies within the Jaurdi Gold Project in Western Australia
- Beacon drilled 76 holes for almost 3000 metres at Lost Dog which confirmed that mineralisation continues to the east for around 700 metres
- The company also conducted drilling at Alley Cat, Stockman’s and Lynx and assays are expected in January
- Next year, Beacon plans to drill the Lost Dog deposit again, only this time it will aim to infill the eastern extension of the deposit
- Beacon is trading flat at 3.7 cents in early afternoon trade
Beacon Minerals (BCN) has extended gold mineralisation at the Lost Dog deposit which lies within its Jaurdi Gold Project in Western Australia.
A total of 76 aircore holes, for 2992 metres, were drilled at the Lost Dog gold system. Pleasingly, drilling confirmed that gold mineralisation continues to the east for around 700 metres.
Best results include 12 metres at 1.01g/t gold from 16 metres, four metres at 2.28g/t gold from 17 metres, one metre at 11.75g/t gold from 41 metres and three metres at 1.41g/t gold from 20 metres.
Beacon also completed a first pass aircore drilling program over the Alley Cat trend auger soil anomalies which included 56 holes for 1138 metres.
The company will conduct further aircore drilling to better define the anomalous trends that were identified in the previous program.
Best intercepts include one metre at 1.17g/t gold from two metres and one metre at 4g/t gold from 20 metres.
Last month, Beacon drilled 5000 metres at the Stockman’s prospect which successfully targeted the intrusive Bali monzogranite contact with a greenstone sequence that’s nested between the Lost Dog and Black Cat deposits.
Assay results from this drilling are expected in early January.
The company is also expecting assay results in early January from 1000 metres of aircore drilling at Lynx. This program aimed to infill first round aircore intercepts including nine metres at 2.25g/t gold from 32 metres.
Next year, Beacon will recommence drilling at Lost Dog, which will infill the eastern extension of the deposit.
Beacon is trading flat at 3.7 cents in early afternoon trade.