- Beam Communications (BCC) has partnered with Kogan.com (KGN) to sell its messaging device, Zoleo, on Kogan's platform
- The device can send messages outside mobile reception and last up to 200 hours
- The partnership has come just in time for the Christmas period, and it's expected there'll be an increase in rural and remote holidays, leading to increased demand for Zoleo
- The device retails for $345, with subscription plans starting from $32 a month
- On the market this afternoon, Beam is up 9.26 per cent, trading for 29.5 cents per share, while Kogan is up 2.29 per cent, trading for $20.08 each
Beam Communications (BCC) has partnered with Kogan.com (KGN) to sell its Zoleo product on Kogan's platform to Australian consumers.
Zoleo is a global messaging device that can send messages outside mobile reception. The product includes an SOS emergency feature and a 200-hour battery life, suitable for people in remote areas.
The agreement will see the messaging device marketed to Kogan's 11 million monthly website visitors and over 2.2 million active customers.
Beam Managing Director and CEO Michael Capocchi said the partnership comes just in time for the Christmas shopping period.
"Many more Australians will be heading to regional and remote holiday destinations during the summer break and with 80 per cent of Australia’s landmass not covered by mobile, consumers will benefit from having an uninterrupted and reliable connection through Zoleo, whether that be for emergencies or to message and engage with friends and family," he said.
"Zoleo will also prove to be an indispensable tool during the upcoming fire season, as it doesn’t require any ground infrastructure to function," he added.
The Zoleo device can also be found on Amazon, eBay and Myer. The device retails for $345, with subscription plans starting from $32 a month.
Last month, Beam completed a $5 million placement to expand Zoleo into new markets in Asia and Europe.
On the market this afternoon, Beam is up 9.26 per cent, trading for 29.5 cents per share, while Kogan is up 2.29 per cent, trading for $20.08 each at 1:50 pm AEDT.