- Beston Global Food Company’s (BFC) recently installed lactoferrin extraction columns have successfully produced high-grade lactoferrin
- The lactoferrin had a purity level of over 95 per cent – a major milestone for the company’s project
- During the second commissioning phase, Beston Global Food will work to refine the extraction process and further optimise lactoferrin yield
- The company expects first sales of its lactoferrin to occur before June 30, 2021
- Beston Global Food Company is up 13.85 per cent and trading at 7.4 cents per share
Beston Global Food Company’s (BFC) recently installed lactoferrin extraction columns have successfully produced high-grade lactoferrin.
Lactoferrin is a protein naturally found in milk, that has antibacterial properties and boosts the human immune system. Interest in the protein, which is often referred to as “pink gold”, has increased in recent years over its potential as an immunity-boosting nutraceutical product.
In March, Beston Global Food installed two news lactoferrin columns at its plant, and also commenced the commissioning of the plant. The first phase of the commissioning was successfully undertaken during March, despite scheduling delays caused by COVID-19’s impacts on transport arrangements.
The high-grade lactoferrin produced from the extraction columns had a purity level of over 95 per cent. Beston Global Food’s CEO, John Hicks, called this a major milestone for the project.
“Delivering production of over 95 per cent purity Lactoferrin so soon after commencing the commissioning of the two new Lactoferrin extraction columns is a significant achievement,” he said.
“A lot of hard work and long hours have gone into the project by our dairy operations team, led by Frank Baldi, as well as the contractors undertaking the work, to reach this project milestone, despite the additional logistics and people challenges presented by the COVID-19 environment,” he added.
During the next few weeks, Beston Global Food will begin the second phase of commissioning the new lactoferrin plant. However, the work will be temporarily interrupted by a shut-down of the Jervois gas supply pipeline, starting April 12, 2021.
Once the second phase recommences after seven to eight days, the work will focus on refining the extraction process, to further optimise lactoferrin yield.
Beston Global Food will be sending samples of its new high-grade lactoferrin product to customers over the next few weeks. The company expects first sales of its lactoferrin to occur before June 30, 2021.
Beston Global Food Company is up 13.85 per cent, trading at 7.4 cents per share at 3:18 pm AEST.