- Blackstone Minerals (BSX) has discovered massive sulphide vein mineralisation at an untested zone of the Ta Cuong prospect
- The new Taipan Discovery Zone within the Ta Cuong prospect is part of the Ta Khoa Nickel–Copper-PGE Project in Vietnam
- The discovery hole features 39.7 metres of continuous disseminated sulphide, semi-massive sulphide vein and massive sulphide vein (MSV) unweathered mineralisation from 15.15 metres
- The company says the results are among the best Blackstone has delivered on its MSV targets
- Updates regarding ongoing drilling at Ta Cuong, the anticipated King Snake assays and results from infill drilling at Ban Chang and Ban Phuc DSS are expected in the coming weeks
- Blackstone is up 8.16 per cent and shares are trading at 53 cents
Blackstone Minerals (BSX) has discovered massive sulphide vein mineralisation at a previously untested zone at the Ta Cuong prospect.
The new Taipan Discovery Zone within the Ta Cuong prospect forms part of the Ta Khoa nickel–copper-platinum group element (PGE) Project in Vietnam.
Ta Cuong is located six kilometres along strike from the recently operating Ban Phuc MSV nickel mine and existing processing centre.
The prospect is associated with the Ban Khang intrusive complex and is near a major regional fault zone which also passes through the Ban Phuc, King Snake and Ban Chang MSV zone.
The Taipan Discovery Zone (TDZ) was discovered in the first drillhole of a previously untested zone within the Ta Cuong prospect, as a result of ongoing systematic testing of mapped electromagnetic conductors.
The hole features 39.7 metres of continuous disseminated sulfide, semi-massive sulfide vein and massive sulfide vein unweathered mineralisation from 15.15 metres.
The company says the Ta Cuong prospect and now the Taipan Discovery Zone has the potential to add significantly to Blackstone’s massive sulphide mining inventory, adding to a push to the restart of the company’s existing 450 kilotonne concentrator.
“The discovery hole at TDZ is one of the best Blackstone has delivered on its MSV targets. The TDZ remains open along strike and significantly adds momentum to the MSV strategy at Ta Khoa,” commented Blackstone Minerals Managing Director Scott Williamson.
“We are excited to be systematically unveiling the potential of the Ta Khoa Ni-Cu-PGE district and will continue an aggressive exploration program, representing the most cost-effective and value accretive pathway to secure supply for our downstream business,” he continued.
An update is expected in the coming weeks regarding ongoing drilling at Ta Cuong, the anticipated King Snake assays and results from infill drilling at Ban Chang and Ban Phuc DSS.
Blackstone is up 8.16 per cent on the market and shares are trading at 53 cents at 2:16 pm AEDT.