- Brightstar Resources (BTR) teams up with Strike Drilling launching drill program at Cork Tree Well in the Laverton district of Western Australia
- With the drill rig mobilised to site, drilling started this week, with the program aiming to improve confidence in the current 237,000-ounce resource
- The program is expected to take three months to complete, with 90 drill holes for 12,000 metres planned to assess historic drilling
- BTR says this work is an important step in its three-year plan, and restoring the mill to production
- Shares have been trading flat at 2.8 cents at 1:40pm AEST
Brightstar Resources (BTR) has teamed up with Strike Drilling and launched the drill program at the Cork Tree Well project in the Laverton district of Western Australia.
The project has reportedly been significant in the area for many years after being discovered in 1981 with exploration focused on the orebody with two pits.
The program has been designed to improve confidence in the current 237,000-ounce resource and confirm historic drilling.
Drilling began this week with the drill rig reportedly performing well on site.
The current JORC resource sits at 3.9 million tonnes at 1.9 grams per tonne for 237,000 ounces including both shallow oxide material and deeper fresh, in situ material below the two historic pits and along strike.
BTR said previous drilling hasn't constrained the down-dip or strike extent of the orebody.
A total of 90 reverse circulation holes for 12,000 metres are planned and is expected to take three months to complete, with analytical results expected to take several weeks following completion.
Once received, BTR said the data collected may be used to plan future exploration drilling at the project and surrounding area.
BTR said it’s great to be progressing the project after it has been dormant for so long.
Commenting on the activity, Managing Director William Hobba said it’s been a busy few months reviewing the historic exploration and drilling data.
"We look forward to reviewing the results of this campaign and believe that
the results from Strike Drilling’s program may assist us in developing a revised Mineral Resource Estimate for the project."
"Further exploration at Cork Tree Well is an important step in Brightstar’s three-year plan and restoring the Brightstar Mill to production through establishing a robust gold Resource and Reserve within a 60 kilometres radius of the Mill."
Shares have been trading at flat at 2.8 cents at 1:40pm AEST.