- Bryah Resources (BYH) has begun an aircore and reconnaissance drilling program at its namesake project in central Western Australia
- Aircore drilling will test a large soil geochemical anomaly at the Windalah East prospect
- At least 30 holes, for 2500 metres, of aircore drilling is planned along with a further nine holes to test a gravity low anomaly
- Furthermore, Bryah will undertake a 2000-metre first pass reconnaissance drilling program at the Wongawar, Fortnum East and Fiddlers East prospects
- This marks the first time these prospects have been drilled
- Company shares last traded six per cent higher for 5.3 cents
Bryah Resources (BYH) has begun a 5500-metre aircore drilling program at its namesake project in central Western Australia.
The drilling is designed to test a large soil geochemical anomaly that is located at Windalah East.
This anomaly holds volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) potential. It was discovered in 2018 by multi-element auger soil sampling and was followed-up by infill sampling which verified its scale.
In March this year, Bryah completed eight aircore holes to test the anomaly however COVID-19 caused the program to be suspended.
At least 30 holes, for 2500 metres, of aircore drilling is planned. Additionally, nine holes will aim to test a gravity low anomaly at Windalah along a single line of holes at 80-metre spacings.
"These areas have been carefully identified by the company, with in-depth consideration given to encouraging geological information. The new target areas are all highly prospective for gold and copper," Managing Director Neil Marston said.
Bryah will also conduct a 2000-metre first pass reconnaissance drilling program at the Wongawar, Fortnum East and Fiddlers East prospects. Importantly, this marks the first time these prospects have been drilled.
Significantly, the Fortnum East prospect is situated just nine kilometres from Westgold Resources' (WGX) Fortnum gold mine. The mine has a total mineral resource of 9.1 million tonnes at 2.40g/t for 703,000 ounces of gold and a proven and probable ore reserve of 3.326 million tonnes at 2.27g/t gold for 250,000 ounces of gold.
Company shares last traded six per cent higher for 5.3 cents at 12:14 pm AEST.