Total
0
Shares
Bryah Resources (ASX:BYH) - Managing Director, Neil Marston
Managing Director, Neil Marston
Source: Small Caps
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Bryah Resources (BYH) has intersected further high-grade manganese results from the Bryah Basin Manganese joint venture (JV) project in WA
  • Results from this recently completed program come from the Horseshoe South mine where drilling focused on testing extensions of previously identified manganese
  • Best results from the drill include 46 per cent manganese
  • Drilling was also completed at the Mount Labouchere prospect and while no significant intersections were identified, anomalous levels of copper and cobalt were found
  • Bryah is down 6.67 per cent and shares are trading for 5.6 cents each

Bryah Resources (BYH) has intersected further high-grade manganese results from the Bryah Basin Manganese joint venture (JV) project.

Bryah holds 90 per cent of the JV project, while OM Manganese holds the remaining 10 per cent.

The project is located 150 kilometres north of Meekatharra in Western Australia and it hosts multiple historical manganese mines, with the largest being Horseshoe South.

This recently completed reverse circulation (RC) drilling program focused on Horseshoe South and aimed to test for extensions of manganese mineralisation that was identified in 2019.

First pass drilling was also undertaken at the Mount Labouchere prospect to test around an area of outcropping manganese.

Horseshoe South

Main Pit

At the Main Pit of Horseshoe South, approximately 60 holes, for 454 metres, were drilled.

Bryah has received results from the first 19 holes and results for the remaining 41 holes are pending.

This drilling program was designed to test for shallow high-grade zones and channels of manganese mineralisation.

Best results include four metres at 40.9 per cent manganese including two metres at 46 per cent manganese from 10 metres, and three metres at 30.9 per cent manganese including one metre at 42.9 per cent manganese from six metres.

Extended Pit

At the Extended Pit a total of 17 holes, totalling 598 metres, were drilled to test for extensions of the manganese mineralisation that was identified in 2019.

Best results from this area include 19 metres at 24.6 per cent manganese including three metres at 37.1 per cent manganese from 26 metres, and 11 metres at 24.8 per cent manganese.

“The latest drilling at the historic Horseshoe South Mine has yielded some significant manganese results within the Main and Extended Pit areas,” Managing Director Neil Marston commented.

“The grades and thickness of mineralisation at the Extended Pit confirms our view that the site has potential for economic tonnes and grades of manganese,” he said.

“The results [from Main Pit] demonstrate the existence of very high-grade manganese at shallow depths beneath the existing pit, so additional drilling is warranted in future programs,” he added.

Mount Labouchere

Approximately 16 holes, for 256 metres, were drilled at the Mount Labouchere prospect to test for manganese beneath a shallow cover of outcropping manganese identified in 2018.

Results were not reported on as the drilling showed that there are no significant extension of manganese beyond the outcropping area.

However, the samples did show anomalies of copper and cobalt but further work will need to be done to test it.

Bryah is down 6.67 per cent and shares are trading for 5.6 cents each at 12:12 pm AEST.

BYH by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Great Northern Minerals (ASX:GNM) - CEO & Managing Director, Cameron McLean

" Great Northern Minerals (ASX:GNM) gets pleasing one-metre results from Camel Creek

Great Northern Minerals (GNM) has received one-metre composite results from its recent reverse circulation (RC) drilling program at the Camel Creek gold project
Torque Metals (ASX:TOR) - Executive Chairman, Ian Finch

" Torque Metals (ASX:TOR) discovers new gold zone at Paris

Gold explorer Torque Metals (TOR) has discovered a new high-grade zone of gold mineralisation at its Paris Project.
Gibb River Diamonds (ASX:GIB)- Executive Chairman, Jim Richards

" Gibb River Diamonds (ASX:GIB) drilling grows Neta

Phase five aircore drilling at Gibb River Diamonds (GIB) Edjudina Gold Project has extended known mineralisation at the Neta Gold Project in Western

" Nova Minerals (ASX:NVA) intersects further broad, high-grade zones at RPM

Nova Minerals (NVA) has intersected more broad, high-grade zones of mineralisation at the RPM North prospect which is part of the Estelle gold