Total
0
Shares
A drill rig at the Rover Project, Northern Territory. Source: Castile Resources
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Metallurgical results from Castile Resources (CST) Rover 1 Project in the Northern Territory shows magnetite is contained within the ore
  • A large scale bulk flotation test was completed as part of the metallurgical testing to determine the percentage of contained metals
  • Gold and copper are the key minerals, with by-products cobalt and bismuth, but the company says magnetite could provide an additional revenue stream
  • Further assessments are planned to further assess the recoveries, quantity and purity of the magnetite
  • Shares are trading up 9.52 per cent at 23 cents at 10:36 am AEST

Metallurgical results from Castile Resources (CST) Rover 1 Project in the Northern Territory have shown magnetite is contained within the ore.

A large scale bulk flotation test was completed by METS Engineering as part of the project’s mining and processing studies, and was designed to determine the percentage of contained metals.

While the two key minerals are gold and copper, with by-products cobalt and bismuth, the company is encouraged by the identification of magnetite.

The testing reportedly returned significant quantities of a low impurity, high quality magnetite contained within the ore.

CST explained that when processed, this specific type of magnetite became a density modifying industrial mineral in the beneficiation process in the coal industry and it has the potential to receive a premium price compared to standard magnetite ores.

Commenting on the results, Managing Director Mark Hepburn said the find could be the “jewel in the crown” of the by-products.

“It’s great that we can turn what is essentially a ‘waste’ product into a significant income stream which not only enhances our economics, but also greatly reduces our environmental footprint,” Mr Hepburn said.

METS Engineering is set to carry out a low intensity magnetic separation test to further assess the recoveries, quantity and purity of the magnetite.

In regards to the gold recovery, the tests show that 21.4 per cent of the contained gold can be extracted through an upfront gravity circuit and 72.4 per cent floats, bringing the total recovery to 93.8 per cent.

CST said a portion of the remaining gold could be extracted using carbon in leach processing and the company planned to assess the cost benefit of this.

Copper recovery was 97.8 per cent from the bulk flotation, which CST notes as an extremely high result.

Forward metallurgy studies will focus on producing an optimal copper concentrate product for sale to offshore smelters. Further studies are planned to assess the economics of producing a pure copper plate product for sale in Australia.

Finally, the study shows that Rover 1 may produce cobalt and bismuth in seperate concentrates at commercial levels with recovery at 88 per cent and 89.7 per cent respectively.

The company anticipates these products to have a positive impact on the economics of the mining and modelling studies underway.

Shares were trading up 9.52 per cent at 23 cents at 10:36 am AEST.

CST by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Siren Gold (ASX:SNG) - Chairman, Brian Rodan

" Siren Gold (ASX:SNG) to begin scoping study at NZ gold projects

Siren Gold (ASX:SNG) will undertake a scoping study for underground development at its Big River and…

" Stanmore (ASX:SMR) awards EPSA Pacific $564m open-cut mining contract

Stanmore Resources (ASX:SMR) has awarded EPSA Pacific a $564 million mining contract at its Isaac Downs…
Australian Rare Earths (ASX:AR3) - Technical Director, Rick Pobjoy (left)

" Regional prospectivity confirmed for Australian Rare Earths’ (ASX:AR3) Koppamurra Project

Drilling at Australian Rare Earths (AR3) flagship Koppamurra project has confirmed significant regional prospectivity.

" Parabellum Resources (ASX:PBL) to begin airborne survey program in February

Parabellum Resources (ASX:PBL) is set to begin airborne electromagnetic (EM) surveying in early February to generate…