- Chesser Resources' (CHZ) latest drilling results have confirmed high-grade gold at the Diamba Sud Gold Project in Senegal, West Africa
- The company has received results from four diamond drill holes and 16 reverse circulation (RC) drill holes across Area A and Area D at the project
- Promsiingly, the diamond holes have confirmed the thickness and grade of oxide mineralisation in Area D, as well as deeper high-grade intercepts
- Drilling has now been completed over Area A and Area D, with the drill rigs moved to the Western Splay and Southern Arc assets
- On the market this morning, Chesser is up 5.71 per cent and trading at 18.5 cents per share
Chesser Resources' (CHZ) latest drilling results have confirmed high-grade gold at the Area D asset, located within its Diamba Sud Gold Project in Senegal, West Africa.
The company has received results from four diamond drill holes for 605 metres and 16 reverse circulation (RC) drill holes for 2216 metres.
All holes were drilled at Area D, except for four RC holes which represent the latest results from Area A.
The Area D drill program was designed to target the extent of the high-grade flat-lying oxide zone and the underlying fresh rock sulphide mineralisation in Area D.
Diamond drilling has confirmed thick, shallow, high-grade oxide gold mineralisation, and results include 41.5 metres at 6.77g/t of gold from 17 metres.
Drilling has also intersected high-grade mineralisation below the oxide at 9.47 metres at 3.61g/t gold from 145 metres.
CEO Andrew Grove is pleased with the high-grade gold oxide and sulphide drilling results at Area D.
"The diamond holes not only confirmed the thickness and grade of oxide mineralisation but importantly the deeper high-grade intercepts will aid our
understanding and targeting of the deeper feeder mineralisation below the high-grade oxide mineralisation in Area D," he said.
The final results from Area A show Chesser intersected mineralisation around 50 vertical metres below a previously reported intercept. Results include 19 metres at 1.73g/t from 165 metres.
Additionally, the results continue to represent priority exploration targets
and indicate there's potential for wider and higher-grade mineralisation to exist along strike.
Drilling has now been completed over the Area A and Area D assets. The drill rigs are now working on high priority exploration targets at Western Splay and Southern Arc tenements. In the meantime, Chesser expects further results from Area D.
"Drilling is currently progressing on some of our high priority southern
exploration targets. We look forward to reporting these results as they are received," Andrew concluded.
On the market this morning, Chesser is up 5.71 per cent and trading at 18.5 cents per share at 10:48 am AEDT.