- Communications provider CommsChoice Group (CCG) has expanded its Microsoft Teams calling platform into China, Japan, and the Philippines
- Nodes in Beijing, Shanghai, Manila, and Tokyo are now live, with further expansions planned in Jakarta, Hong Kong, and Mumbai
- This latest expansion makes CommsChoice’s Teams-calling coverage the most extensive in the Asia-Pacific area
- The company will offer unlimited Teams call plans in countries including Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, and eventually China and India
- However, CommsChoice Group shares are 7.23 per cent in the red come midday trade, priced at 7.7 cents
Communications provider CommsChoice Group (CCG) has expanded its Microsoft Teams calling platform into China, Japan, and the Philippines.
The company’s nodes in Beijing, Shanghai, Manila, and Tokyo are all now live. Their addition to the network makes CommsChoice’s Teams-calling coverage the most extensive in the Asia-Pacific area.
The company believes that it may be one of the first services providers in the world to offer Microsoft Teams calling in China. It may also be the first company to offer International Teams calling from a single provider in all major Asian markets.
CommsChoice’s CEO, Peter McGrath, said the company’s network expansion in the Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Americas will help multi-national companies access a single platform phone system.
“We are experiencing significant interest from international businesses looking for a single platform Unified Communications (UC) solution.
“Our platform enables companies with a presence in APAC, EU, and Americas to have their head office and branch offices on a single UC platform regardless of their office locations.
“China represents a significant opportunity, with so many companies having their manufacturing base located there. With this expansion, CommsChoice has been able to remove many of the barriers to doing business in China.
“We also have a node in India on our roadmap, and anticipate activating it within the next six to 12 months,” he said.
CommsChoice’s shortlist for further network expansion in the Asia-Pacific includes Jakarta, Hong Kong, and Mumbai.
After releasing its $15 unlimited Teams call plans, the company will offer unlimited Teams call plans in ten countries. These include Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, U.S., U.K., Mexico, Canada, and Ireland.
CommsChoice expects that it will add China and India to this list in the near future.
After announcing this news on August 4, the company’s share price rose by 29.69 per cent.
However, CommsChoice Group shares are 7.23 per cent in the red come midday trade today, priced at 7.7 cents at 1:30 pm AEST.