- Corella Resources (CR9) completes a maiden inferred mineral resource estimate for the Tampu kaolin project in Western Australia
- The resource sits at 24.7 million tonnes at an average yield of 53 per cent for 13.1 million tonnes at 36.5 per cent aluminium oxide of <45µm of high-quality bright white kaolin
- Managing Director Tony Cormack says he’s extremely proud to have delivered an outstanding resource in just over six months since listing on the ASX
- Corella is now conducting testwork and exploration planning and will progress scoping and feasibility studies for the project
- Company shares are up 2.17 per cent to trade at 4.7 cents
Corella Resources (CR9) has completed a mineral resource estimate for the Tampu kaolin project located near Beacon in Western Australia
The materials stock listed on the ASX in April this year and immediately began resource and metallurgical drilling to complete a maiden resource estimate for the kaolin project.
Tampu has a maiden inferred mineral resource of 24.7 million tonnes with an average yield of 53 per cent for 13.1 million tonnes at 36.5 per cent aluminium oxide of <45µm of high-quality bright white kaolin with low impurities.
Importantly, the company believes that given the 446 per cent increase in its landholdings since listing and the shallow mineralisation is open in all directions, there’s significant potential to grow the resource.
Corella Managing Director Tony Cormack commented on the mineral resource.
“The completion of the maiden mineral resource estimate on the spectacular high purity bright white kaolin deposit at Tampu is a very important milestone in the development of the company,” he said.
“I am extremely proud of the Corella team that in just over six months from listing has delivered a maiden mineral resource estimate for Tampu, a truly fantastic and transformational achievement.”
The company said delivering such an “outstanding quality resource” presents a number of opportunities for the company.
Corella has begun high-purity alumina testwork and exploration planning and is progressing toward scoping and feasibility studies for the Tampu project.
Company shares were up 2.17 per cent to trade at 4.7 cents at 12:52 pm AEDT.