- Cronos Australia (CAU) launches new CBD-based personal care brand in Japan and Hong Kong
- The Saiph range consists of two cannabinoid-based products formulated for sensitive skin, including a cleanser, named Ablution, and a moisturiser, named Tranquillity
- CAU says the sensitive skin category is a far wider group of consumers than is often assumed, with its target market believed to be in excess of $26 billion
- The Saiph range is expected to be available next month, online and from selected retailers, but not in Australia due to regulatory reasons
- Shares are trading grey at 10.5 cents at 10:46am AEST
Cronos Australia (CAU) is launching a new personal care brand in Japan and Hong Kong.
The Saiph brand has been formulated for sensitive skin with cannabinoid-based products, including a cleanser and moisturiser.
The cleanser, called Ablution, contains 350 milligrams of Japanese-compliant CBD which the company said could have anti-inflammatory effects as suggested in a number of studies.
Additionally, the Tranquillity moisturiser contains 700 milligrams of the same Japanese-compliant CBD.
The recommended retail price (RRP) of the Ablution pump dispenser is $39 while the moisturiser’s RRP is $47.
Cronos Australia believes the total addressable market in the skin and body care segments in Japan and Hong Kong, were in excess of US$20 billion (A$26 billion) in 2018, according to national statistics agencies.
Commenting on the new products, Director Nick Mulcahy said the sensitive skin category is a far wider group of consumers than is often assumed.
“This is because it includes those who suffer during seasonal changes, but don’t necessarily visit a dermatologist.
“Saiph is suitable for everyone to use but it is especially designed for those with sensitive skin.”
The company said both products should be available next month, online and from selected retailers, however due to regulatory reasons, Saiph products are not yet available in Australia.
Shares were trading grey at 10.5 cents at 10:46am AEST.