CZR Resources (ASX:CZR) Yarraloola Iron-Ore Project, Western Australia.
Ore Project, Western Australia.
Source: CZR Resources
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • The CZR Resources (CZR) board has lost four directors after failing to reach a consensus on how to develop and commercialise their flagship iron ore project
  • Non-executive chairman David Flanagan, Non-executive directors Anna Neuling and Simon Jackson and Managing Director Robert Ramsay are set to resign on September 10
  • It follows what is understood to be a disagreement surrounding how to spend proceeds from a recent capital raise
  • The company says the exodus is in shareholder’s best interests and a way to resolve the matter
  • CZR Resources shares are down 11.1 per cent to trade at 0.8 cents

The CZR Resources (CZR) board has lost four directors after failing to reach a consensus on how to develop and commercialise their flagship iron ore project.

CZR said it was in the “best interest of all shareholders” that Non-executive chairman David Flanagan, Non-executive directors Anna Neuling and Simon Jackson and Managing Director Robert Ramsay are set to resign on September 10.

The exodus comes months after the company tapped sophisticated investors for $7 million via a placement and share purchase plan in June, with CZR’s major shareholder taking up a 42.9 per cent stake.

It is understood the funds were set to fuel a definitive feasibility study for the Robe Mesa Iron Ore project and ensure CZR had money in the bank to support other projects.

Robe Mesa Iron Ore Project is owned via a joint venture between CZR, which owns 85 per cent, and Zanf Pty Ltd which owns the remaining 15 per cent.

CZR said the company had been unable to reach a consensus regarding development pathways and commercial business operations for the project and said the board changes were a way to resolve the matter.

CZR affirms Managing Director Robert Ramsay will remain available to the company to “facilitate the transfer of any technical knowledge relating to the projects”.

Ms Annie Guo will remain on as the only director and will move “immediately to appoint suitable replacement directors in order to maintain continuity in developing and enhancing the company’s future”.

CZR Resources shares were down 11.1 per cent at 11:44 am AEST to trade at 0.8 cents.

CZR by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Latrobe Magnesium (ASX:LMG) progresses namesake plant in Q4

Latrobe Magnesium (ASX:LMG) progressed its namesake magnesium project in the December quarter.

" Live Verdure (ASX:LV1) partners with TruLife for US distribution

Food, skincare and nutraceutical company Live Verdure (ASX:LV1) has entered a non-executive national sales and distribution…
SECOS Group (ASX:SES) - CEO, Ian Stacey

" SECOS (ASX:SES) launches MyEcoBag and MyEcoPet through Pacchini

Sustainable packaging company, SECOS (ASX:SES) has launched MyEcoBag and MyEcoPet through Pacchini Sales and Distribution to…

" Solis Minerals (ASX:SLM) kicks off drilling at Mostazal copper project

Newly listed Solis Minerals (ASX:SLM) has hit the ground at its Mostazal copper project in Chile…