- De Grey Mining (DEG) has uncovered further significant gold mineralisation at the Aquila Zone, within its Hemi Prospect
- Hemi is part of De Grey’s broader Mallina Gold Project and is located 60 kilometres from Port Hedland, WA
- Latest results from Aquila have identified significant gold mineralisation over 850 metres of strike, up to 80 metres in width and to a maximum 250-metre depth
- Reverse circulation and diamond drilling has been ongoing since February and is testing for extensions to mineralisation at Aquila, Brolga and Crow
- De Grey’s shares have dropped 2.30 per cent to trade for 42.5 cents each
De Grey Mining (DEG) has received positive drilling results from the Aquila Zone within the Hemi Discovery.
The Hemi Discovery is located 60 kilometres from Port Hedland, in Western Australia.
Hemi was discovered late last year and is part of De Grey’s wholly-owned Mallina Gold Project. Since first drilling results were released in December 2019, Hemi highlighted significant gold mineralisation in a series of intrusions associated with stringer and disseminated sulphide rich zones. This mineralisation style is new to the Pilbara region which is highly encouraging.
Reverse circulation (RC) and diamond drilling commenced in February to test three large gold zones at the Aquila, Brolga and Crow prospect, which lie within the Hemi gold system.
So far, drilling has shown the overall scale and dimensions of the shallow gold mineralisation across the combined Aquila, Brolga, and Crow gold system that remains open and currently extends over 1000 metre in width, 850 metres in strike and 300 metres in depth.
“The scale and dimensions of the near surface mineralisation at Hemi continues to impress. The size of Hemi continues to grow with every drill program and we are also confident that additional new discoveries will be made along this prospective corridor,” Technical Director Andy Beckwith said.
Aquila is a parallel gold-sulphide zone that sits immediately north of the Brolga zone and adjacent to the new Crow zone to the north. The recent drilling has identified significant gold mineralisation over an 850 metre strike, up to 80 metres in width and to a maximum depth of approximately 250 metres. Importantly, mineralisation remains open.
Best intercepts include 27 metres at 2.7g/t gold from 152 metres, 13.4 metres at 3.5g/t gold from 266.67 metres, 32 metres at 2.5g/t gold from 168 metres, 22 metres at 2.4g/t gold from 131 metres.
De Grey is conducting ongoing RC and diamond core drilling, with three rigs operating between Aquila, Brolga, and Crow. Drilling is testing for extensions of the gold mineralisation on a nominal 80 metre by 80 metre basis.
The aircore rig has commenced to the immediate south and southwest of Brolga to target extensions of the intrusion and associated sulphide-gold mineralisation.
The Crow RC program is 40 per cent completed and the remaining 60 per cent is expected to be completed by early next month. All results from these two zones remain pending.
De Grey’s shares have dropped 2.30 per cent to trade for 42.5 cents each at 10:54 am AEST.