- ECS Botanics (ECS) Founder Alex Keach tenders his resignation as the Head of Corporate Development and as Executive Director
- ECS Managing Director Nan-Marie Schoerie says Mr Keach played an “invaluable role” in putting the company in the “strong” position its in today
- Mr Keach says the future is bright for ECS, with the company having built a “market-leading” cannabis business in a short time
- He will remain on the board as a Non-Executive Director
- Shares in ECS are down 7.41 per cent, trading at 2.5 cents at market close
ECS Botanics (ECS) has announced Alex Keach will be stepping aside from his role as the Head of Corporate Development and as Executive Director, effective immediately.
Mr Keach founded the company in 2018, specialising in producing cannabis-based medicine in a sustainable way, using regenerative and organic horticultural practices, as well as renewable energy sources.
He will remain on the board as a Non-Executive Director.
ECS Managing Director Nan-Maree Schoerie said Mr Keach played a vital role in transforming the company into what it was today.
“Alex remains a committed major shareholder and has played an invaluable role in getting ECS Botanics to the strong position it is in today, and I look forward to continuing to work with Alex on the board,” Ms Schoerie said.
Mr Keach said the company’s evolution had been significant and the future was bright for ECS.
“In a short period of time, ECS has built a market-leading medicinal cannabis business, through applying innovation in cultivation, investing in our people and treating shareholder capital like our own,” Mr Keach said.
He added that ECS was in strong hands with an “outstanding leader” in Ms Schoerie, with the company having recorded a cashflow positive milestone quarter to close out 2022.
Shares in ECS were down 7.41 per cent, trading at 2.5 cents at market close.