- Eden Innovations (EDE) has received approval from the Vermont Agency of Transportation for its EdenCrete and EdenCretePz products
- EdenCrete is a concrete additive that boosts strength and flexibility without compromising corrosion and strength resistance
- This approval adds onto the already approved uses of EdenCretePz in 8 States and EdenCrete in 17
- The company’s next step is to now gain approval from the remaining States
- Eden is down 2.33 per cent today with shares trading for 4.2 cents apiece
Eden Innovations (EDE) has received approval from the Vermont Agency of Transportation for EdenCrete and EdenCretePz.
This approval adds onto the already approved uses of EdenCretePz in eight States and EdenCrete in 17 States.
These 17 States represent 44 per cent of the total U.S. population, 62,000 bridges that are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete, 42 per cent of the total bridges in the U.S., and 48 per cent of the total area of the U.S.
This newest approval of EdenCrete and EdenCretePz follows the recently announced NTPEP (National Transportation Products Evaluation Program) completion of 12 months’ assessment of both products.
NTPEP is run by AASHTO (American Association of State Transportation Officials).
The completion of the NTPEP evaluations has opened the way for applications to be lodged by Eden for approval for use of both products by all Department of Transports across the U.S.
A program to achieve this target has begun.
EdenCrete is a carbon nanotube enriched mixture for concrete which aims to significantly improve tensile and flexural strength without compromising corrosion and strength resistance.
When added to concrete mixtures, the nanotubes fill spaces at the nanoscopic level between hydrated cement particles.
Once the concrete dries the nanotubes create millions of strong and flexible carbon bridges throughout the structure. This takes the place of openings which allow water to seep in and weaken the structure.
While making concrete stronger, it is also believed that it can increase life use beyond current expectations.
Eden Innovations is down 2.33 per cent today with shares trading for 4.2 cents apiece at 1 pm AEDT.