- Empire Resources (ERL) has intersected copper, gold and nickel mineralisation at its Yuinmery base metals project in Western Australia
- A total of 76 aircore hole were drilled last year to test volcanogenic massive sulphide base metal and platinum group metal mineralisation
- Drilling returned exceptional grades across four prospects including up to 679 parts per billion gold, 2776 parts per million (ppm) copper and 2215ppm nickel
- Managing Director, Sean Richardson, believes the project brings significant opportunity for further multi-element mineral discoveries
- Empire ended the day trading in the grey at 1.5 cents
Empire Resources (ERL) has intersected copper, gold and nickel mineralisation at its Yuinmery base metals project in Western Australia.
The project is located 470 kilometres northeast of Perth and comprises five granted mineral tenements, which cover approximately 83.7 square kilometres within the Archaean Youanmi Greenstone Belt.
Empire drilled 76 aircore holes last year to target volcanogenic massive sulphide base metal and platinum group metal mineralisation.
Pleasingly, the aircore program successfully intersected anomalous copper-gold mineralisation across the YT01, YT02 and YT05 prospects, and a copper-gold-nickel anomalism at YT12.
Best results include six metres at 2182 parts per million (ppm) copper from 20 metres end-of-hole, four metres at 2776ppm copper and 679 parts per billion gold from 12 metres, and 16 metres at 580ppm copper and 2215ppm nickel from surface.
“These strongly anomalous results from reconnaissance aircore drilling are extremely encouraging and reinforces our hypothesis that the Yuinmery Project represents a significant opportunity for further multi-element mineral discoveries,” Managing Director Sean Richardson said.
“Empire has not been sitting on its hands and has already completed follow up reverse circulation drilling at a number of the newly identified prospects,” he added.
Following this program, Empire completed first pass reverse circulation (RC) drilling at YT01 and YT05 late last month. A total of seven RC holes, for 901 metres, were drilled and results are pending.
The company is still planning to conduct more RC and diamond drilling to
further improve the geological confidence in the Yuinmery prospects.
Empire ended the day trading in the grey at 1.5 cents at market close.