- Encounter Resources (ENR) has received positive results from a 17-hole drilling program at the Lamil Copper-Gold Project in WA
- Drilling focused on the Dune, Gap and Elsa prospects and it was designed to test mineralisation
- Encounter discovered significant copper-gold mineralisation at Dune, expanded a supergene gold zone at the Gap and also intersected strong sulphide zones at Elsa
- It plans to conduct follow up drilling at each prospect using a $150,000 grant ENR has been awarded under the WA Government's Exploration Incentive Scheme
- Encounter Resources ended the day 9.09 per cent in the green to trade at 18 cents
Encounter Resources (ENR) has received assays results from a 17-hole reverse circulation (RC) drilling program at the Lamil Copper-Gold Project in WA.
The Lamil project covers 61 square kilometres and is located 25 kilometres northwest of Newcrest Mining's (NCM) Telfer gold mine.
The majority of the drilling program focused on the Dune prospect which successfully managed to extend gold mineralisation, intersect primary copper-gold mineralisation in a series of stacked lodes and also identified mineralisation to the south which remains open.
Latest results from Dune include 18 metres at 1.2g/t gold and 0.2 per cent copper from 126 metres including four metres at 4.1g/t gold and 0.3 per cent copper from 138 metres.
The company plans to follow-up on drilling at Dune to extend the gold mineralisation to the south.
Encounter also drilled two holes at the Gap prospect which outlined a 180-metre wide zone of supergene mineralisation.
Pleasingly, the supergene gold zone has been expanded to the north and south with results including 14 metres at 1.1g/t gold from 93 metres and 36 metres at 0.6g/t gold from 77 metres including four metres at 2.8g/t gold from 83 metres.
The mineralisation remains open in all directions and further drilling will also begin there in January 2021.
Additionally, Encounter drilled a single RC hole at the Elsa prospect to determine if a previously identified chargeability anomaly was associated with stronger sulphides and, potentially, copper-gold mineralisation.
The hole managed to confirm the presence of strong sulphide development and contained narrow zones of gold mineralisation
Results include eight metres at 0.23g/t gold and 383 parts per million (ppm) copper from 249 metres, and two metres at 0.77g/t gold and 196 ppm copper from 341 metres.
Encounter plans to conduct follow-up drilling at Elsa, as well as at the other two prospects, with the $150,000 grant it received under the WA Government's Exploration Incentive Scheme.
Shares in Encounter closed on Friday 9.09 per cent in the green to trade at 18 cents per share.