- Enegex (ENX) has identified multiple drill targets at the South West Terrane Project in Western Australia
- Over the last few months, Perth-based consultants, Resource Potentials, have been compiling exploration and historical data which led to generating multiple targets across the project
- Enegex is targeting ‘Julimar-style’ nickel-copper-platinum group element (PGE) mineralisation like that of Chalice Mining’s (CHN) Julimar discovery which is located about 200 kilometres away
- Enegex will begin fieldwork before the end of the month
- Company shares are trading flat at 12 cents
Enegex (ENX) has provided an exploration update for the South West Terrane Project in Western Australia.
The project is made up of 18 granted tenements and two application areas that, together, cover an area of 3460 square kilometres.
Enegex is targeting ‘Julimar-style’ high-grade nickel-copper-platinum group element (PGE) mineralisation which can be found at Chalice Mining’s (CHN) Julimar discovery about 200 kilometres away.
This year, the company engaged Perth-based consultants, Resource Potentials, to conduct desktop studies that integrated geological, geophysical and historical data. The studies involved compiling, processing and merging open-file geology maps, government airborne magnetic data, radiometric data, ground gravity data and historical drilling.
Pleasingly, these studies have generated multiple targets which will be followed up.
The company is now planning mapping and rock chip sampling work which is expected to begin before the end of the month.
“We are excited to commence fieldwork on our South West Terrane Project and look forward to developing targets for test drilling,” Chairman Geoff Albers said.
Enegex will initially target areas it can publicly access to investigate existing prospects, outcropping geology and targets.
As the program progresses, the company will meet with local landowners and managers to establish a positive relationship which will benefit the development of the South West Terrane Project.
Company shares are trading flat at 12 cents at 1:37 pm AEST.