- Enterprise Metals (ENT) has identified several deeply-weathered shear zones at the Mandilla Project in WA
- The company undertook a 121-hole aircore drilling program which targeted the eastern margin of the Mandilla Syenite
- Enterprise was testing for gold mineralisation following ASX-lister, Anglo Australian Resources' (AAR) successful exploration at Mandilla, Mandilla East and Mandilla South over the last 15 years
- Pleasingly, the shear zones contain anomalous gold and arsenic in saprolitic clays above bedrock
- Enterprise will conduct further drilling to follow up on these results as well as multi-element geochemical work
- Company shares are trading flat at 2.2 cents
Enterprise Metals (ENT) has received results from a maiden aircore drilling program at the Mandilla Project in Western Australia.
Aircore drilling consisted of 121 shallow holes for 2408 metres. Drilling was conducted to test the eastern margin of the Mandilla Syenite for structurally controlled gold mineralisation.
The company was targeting high-grade gold mineralisation following fellow ASX-lister, Anglo Australian Resources' (AAR) successful exploration at Mandilla, Mandilla East and Mandilla South over the last 15 years.
Unfortunately, a number of holes were abandoned due to damp sticky clay and bogging of the rods.
However, drilling identified several deeply-weathered shear zones which correlate with north to northwest-trending structures. These interpreted shear zones contain anomalous amounts of gold and arsenic in saprolitic clays above bedrock. This may reflect major structures containing pyrite and arsenopyrite at depth.
The results include 12 metres at 0.7g/t gold and 586 parts per million (ppm) arsenic from 32 metres including four metres at 1.8g/t gold and 211ppm arsenic from 40 metres, one metre at 0.14g/t gold and 117ppm arsenic from 59 metres, two metres at 0.16g/t gold from 10 metres and four metres at 0.11g/t gold and 65ppm arsenic from 36 metres.
Enterprise is planning further drilling to follow up on the gold and arsenic anomalism discovered within the saplolitic clay zones. Additionally, it is planning to conduct multi-element geochemical analysis by pXRF of four-metre composite samples. This will assist in identifying precursor lithologies to the clay zones.
Company shares are trading flat at 2.2 cents at 3:50 pm AEST.