- Errawarra Resources (ERW) begins a maiden drilling program targeting nickel sulphides at its Andover West project in Western Australia
- The company will drill three priority targets identified in December 2022
- Based on its modelling of the anomalies, Errawarra expects to intersect the targets above a depth of 200 metres
- After the drilling, the company plans to complete down-hole electromagnetic (DHEM) surveys to identify conductive zones within the target horizons
- Shares in ERW are trading at 26 cents at 3:38 pm AEDT
Errawarra Resources (ERW) has started a maiden drill program targeting nickel sulphides at its Andover West project in Western Australia.
The maiden drilling effort will test three priority targets announced on December 9, 2022.
Errawarra said a diamond drill rig was mobilised on site and had started drilling at the ‘Area B’ priority target.
Based on its modelling of the anomalies, the company expects to intersect the target above a depth of 200 metres.
Errawarra said diamond drilling was selected to test the anomalies as opposed to other methods due to the larger sample and more consistent material recovered. This allows for better visual inspection of the samples to identify possible mineralisation.
Following drilling at the three targets, the company will complete downhole electromagnetic (DHEM) surveys to reveal conductive zones within the target horizons, which could indicate “massive sulphides” and offer vectoring for additional holes.
The company remains open to other exploring other commodities in 2023 at the 100-square-kilometre Andover West tenement, which is considered highly prospective for commodities such as lithium.
Shares in ERW were trading at 26 cents at 3:38 pm AEDT.