Total
0
Shares
Fatfish Group (ASX:FFG) - CEO, Kin W Lau - The Market Herald
CEO, Kin W Lau
Source: DealStreet Asia
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Fatfish (FFG) is set to acquire a buy now pay later player with exposure to the early wage access market in South-East Asia for $4.14 million
  • BNPL Next owns 60 per cent of Circo, a fintech company that offers a service where employees can access their wages between pay cycles
  • Circo says it has paid more than $500,000 to employees in Southeast Asia to date
  • Consideration for the $4.14 million buy will be satisfied entirely in FFG shares
  • Fatfish Group shares are up 19.7 per cent and trading at 9.1 cents

Fatfish (FFG) is set to acquire a buy now pay later player with exposure to the early wage access market in South-East Asia for $4.14 million.

The buyout target — BNPL Next — owns 60 per cent of Circo, a fintech company FFG describes as a pioneer in providing earned wage access in Southeast Asia which allows employees to access earned wages between traditional pay cycles.

Through Circo, more than $500,000 is estimated to have been paid via access earned wages to employees in Southeast Asia, a service regarded as a fast-growing employee financial benefit solution.

Circo has also entered into a service agreement with payroll and human resources solution providers according to FFG, including the Singapore subsidiary of fellow ASX-lister Paygroup.

Under earned wage access employer arrangements, employees can make a withdrawal request at any time prior to payday, at which time Circo pays the employee the amount requested and takes a fixed processing fee.

Circo will then recoup the full amount paid to the employee plus a processing fee from the employer on payday through payroll deductions.

Broadly, Fatfish affirms the solution allows employees to access their wages to meet short-term financial requirements that arise between pay cycles without reaching for credit cards or personal loans.

Consideration for the $4.14 million buy will be satisfied entirely in FFG shares.

BNPL Next currently owns 60 per cent of Circo with the remaining 40 per cent held by its founder Lim Kah Wui.

Fatfish Group shares were up 19.7 per cent and trading at 9.1 cents at 11:11 am AEST.

FFG by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
NAB to compensate customers after profiting from ‘junk’ insurance policies

" NAB (ASX:NAB) eyes $2.5b share buy-back

The National Bank of Australia (NAB) has announced intentions to buy back $2.5 billion of its ordinary shares on-market to progress its commo…
Ioupay (ASX:IOU) rebranding brings in new investors

" IOUpay (ASX:IOU) reports first quarter with BNPL offering

IOUpay (IOU) has marked the June quarter with the launch of its buy now, pay later platform and steady revenue amid an influx
Splitit Payments (ASX:SPT) - CEO, Brad Paterson - The Market Herald

" Splitit Payments (ASX:SPT) increases merchants over June quarter

Splitit Payments (SPT) has increased its total number of merchants over the June quarter, with merchant sales volumes also increasing.
Openpay (ASX:OPY) - CEO, Michael Eidel - The Market Herald

" Openpay (ASX:OPY) reports fourth-quarter results

Openpay (OPY) shares are down this morning following its fourth-quarter report.