Total
0
Shares
Image Sourced ShutterStock
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Flight Centre Travel yesterday took full ownership of the 3Mundi corporate travel business in France and Switzerland
  • The acquisition strengthens Flight Centre’s European presence – now having a reach in over 10 European countries
  • As a subsidiary of Flight Centre, 3Mundi will benefit by having an increased global reach and full access to Flight Centre’s corporate travel systems, products and customer offers

Flight Centre yesterday took full ownership of the 3Mundi corporate travel business in France and Switzerland.

The company’s purchase was driven by its focus on strengthening its European footprint and becoming a world-leading corporate travel management business.

“France is an important business travel hub globally and is now the world’s sixth largest corporate travel market, making it a significant future growth opportunity for our company,” Managing Director Graham Turner said.

Flight Centre has worked with 3Mundi since 2015 when it became part of Flight Centre’s global FCM Travel Solutions corporate travel management network. The company acquired 25 per cent interest in 3Mundi in June 2017 and finalised the remaining 75 per cent yesterday.

“We believe that this extension of our relationship will unlock further benefits – both for 3Mundi’s local customers and for FCM customers in general – and help us capitalise on this opportunity,” Graham said.

According to Graham and 3Mundi Managing Director Solenn Le Brazidec, this acquisition will benefit not only Flight Centre, but 3Mundi too.

As a Flight Centre subsidiary, 3Mundi will now have an increased global reach and full access to Flight Centre’s corporate travel systems, products and customer offers.

Flight Centre’s global reach now extends to the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.

The company operates a technology business in Barcelona which develops the ‘Sam’ mobile app and other customer-benefitting products.

Flight Centre’s global businesses has performed extremely well. Together they generated $4.2 billion in total transactional value (TTV) during the second half of 2018.

The company expects further corporate travel growth in the near future.

FLT by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Splitit (ASX:SPT) - Former CEO, Brad Paterson

" Splitit Payments (ASX:SPT) sees record sales volume following Black Friday

In only two months into the quarter, Splitit Payments (SPT) has reported record merchant sales volumes (MSV) thanks to the shopping holiday period.
Openpay (ASX:OPY) - US CEO, Brian Shniderman

" Openpay Group (ASX:OPY) signs agreement with American Express (ASX:AXP)

Openpay Group (OPY) has signed an agreement with American Express (AXP) offering Buy Now, Pay Smarter (BNPS) to US merchants and card members.

" Credit Intelligence (ASX:CI1) launches ‘green’ BNPL

Credit Intelligence (CI1) will combine its buy now pay later platform with a number of other businesses in Hong Kong to offer green