- Force Commodities (4CE) has received assays from a hole drilled at the Mahab 4 deposit which is located in Block 5 in the Sultanate of Oman.
- The Sultanate of Oman is a mining jurisdiction in the Middle East where Force has a significant landholding in
- Drilling targeted three deposits within Block 5, focusing on massive and disseminated copper sulphide zones to support a future scoping study
- Despite the hole being terminated early, it returned copper grading up to 8.07 per cent
- To provide a better picture of the copper potential, another hole was drilled, which intersected massive and disseminated copper sulphides from 25 to 124 metres downhole
- Assays for this second hole are pending
- Company shares are down 8.33 per cent and trading at 2.2 cents
Force Commodities (4CE) has received assays from a drill hole at the Mahab 4 deposit, which is located in Block 5 in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Sultanate of Oman is a mining-friendly jurisdiction in the Middle East, and Force holds over 1000 square kilometres of exploration licences within the region.
In November last year, the miner announced it would drill a single hole in three deposits within Block 5 — one of which being the Mahab 4 deposit.
The drilling targeted the massive and disseminated copper sulphide zones within each orebody. Core would then be taken for further metallurgical testing for a scoping study.
Despite the diamond hole being terminated early due to deviation from the planned trace, it yielded positive results.
Best results include 6.8 metres at 3.44 per cent copper from 25 metres, including two metres at 8.07 per cent copper from 25 metres, and 5.35 metres at 3.43 per cent copper from 35.65 metres.
“it is pleasing to see that the assay results support the visual copper intersections as logged. Although this hole had to be terminated early, the subsequent re-drill should provide a clear picture of copper grades through the entire profile of Mahab 4,” CEO Simon Pooley said.
As the hole wasn’t fully drilled, another hole was completed which successfully intersected massive and disseminated copper sulphides from 25 metres to 124 metres downhole. Assays for this are pending.
Company shares are down 8.33 per cent and trading at 2.2 cents at 12:18 pm AEDT.