Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Galan Lithium (GLN) discovers the first pegmatite lens at the Greenbushes South lithium project in Western Australia
  • The company has received data from its recent airborne radiometric, magnetic and DEM survey which showed 18 key targets for lithium pegmatites
  • Galan then initiated soil sampling and field mapping over the first of the newly identified targets, GS11, which revealed a 200-metre by 40-metre outcropping pegmatite
  • Soil samples and rock chips from GS11 have been sent to the laboratory for testing
  • GLN shares last traded at $1.15 on June 14

Galan Lithium (GLN) has discovered the first pegmatite lens at the Greenbushes South lithium project in Western Australia.

The company has received data from its recent airborne radiometric, magnetic and DEM survey.

The results showed 18 key targets for lithium pegmatites near the mineralising Donnybrook-Bridgetown shear zone.

Galan then initiated soil sampling and field mapping over the first of the newly identified targets, GS11. This resulted in the discovery of a 200-metre by 40-metre outcropping pegmatite lens.

Soil samples and rock chips from GS11 have been sent to the laboratory for testing.

Further field work on GS11 and other key targets is scheduled for July.

Additionally, Galan has received its final revisions for the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA) for the Conservation Management Plan (CMP) for the planned exploration activities on pending Greenbushes South tenements.

The CMP provides details to the DBCA on soil sampling and ground geophysics activities within state forests. These activities are scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2022.

Greenbushes is a joint venture project with Lithium Australia (LIT) and is about 200 kilometres south of Perth. Galan holds an 80 per cent stake in the project while Lithium Australia owns the remaining 20 per cent.

Shares in Galan Lithium last traded at $1.15 on June 14.

GLN by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Empire Resources (ASX:ERL) records further multi-element mineralisation at Yuinmery, WA

Empire Resources (ASX:ERL) has intersected more multi-element mineralisation at its Yuinmery project in Western Australia.

" R3D Resources (ASX:R3D) to commence drilling in QLD this weekend

R3D Resources (ASX:R3D) is gearing up to commence a drilling program at key copper and zinc…
The Market Herald Video

" DDH1 (ASX:DDH) launches share-buy back

DDH1 (ASX:DDH) has launched an on-market share buy-back program of up to 10 per cent of…
The Market Herald Video

" Lithium Australia’s (ASX:LIT) Envirostream receives first cash rebate for B-cycle scheme

Lithium Australia's (ASX:LIT) subsidiary, Envirostream Australia has received its first cash rebate for the B-cycle scheme.