- iCandy Interactive's (ICI) game, Masketeers: Idle Has Fallen, has completed its early access trial in collaboration with Google Play
- Masketeers is a free-to-play mobile game which generates revenue from in-game purchases and in-game advertisements
- The game has already displayed around twice the potential of in-game purchase and in-game advertising compared to iCandy's highly successful Crab War game
- Impressively, pre-orders have reached 870,216 which marks the highest pre-order iCandy has experienced for any of its games
- Masketeers is expected to launch mid next month
- Company shares have soared 27.8 per cent and are trading for 6.9 cents
iCandy Interactive's (ICI) game, Masketeers: Idle Has Fallen, has completed its early access trial in collaboration with Google Play.
The trial was extremely successful as it attracted a total of 80,000 gamers. The Day-1 retention rate was up as high as 40 per cent. Comparing this to Crab War, iCandy's most successful game in its portfolio, Masketeers has recorded almost 10 per cent higher Day-1 retention rates.
Masketeers is a free-to-play mobile game which generates revenue from in-game purchases and in-game advertisements.
Masketeers' in-game purchases recorded an average revenue per paying user (ARPPU) of US$25.99 (roughly A$36). For in-game advertising income, the game recorded an average revenue per user (ARPU) of US$0.46 (roughly A$0.64) in the U.S. and US$0.25 (roughly A$0.35) for the rest of the world.
Encouragingly, Masketeers has demonstrated around twice the potential of in-game purchase and in-game advertising compared to iCandy's Crab War game. Crab War is a highly successful game which has generated over US$2.5 million (roughly A$3.4 million) of revenue since its launch in 2016.
"Kudos to the team – they have put in tremendous effort to ensure that the game is released without any delay despite the COVID-19 situation. The encouraging trial results indicate that this will be possibly the biggest game title iCandy has ever released," Chairman Kin W Lau said.
Now that the Masketeers trial has been completed, interested gamers have until next month to pre-order for a copy of the game until it launches.
Since pre-orders were available in early August, iCandy has seen the pre-order numbers climb to an impressive 870,216. This marks the highest pre-order that iCandy has experienced for any of its games.
"We are very excited about the game and we are already now planning for constant content updates to the game once we have launched it," Kin added.
Company shares have soared 27.8 per cent and are trading for 6.9 cents just before market close.