IGO (ASX:IGO) - CEO & Managing DIrector, Peter Bradford
CEO & Managing DIrector, Peter Bradford
Source: Peter Bradford/LinkedIn
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • IGO (IGO) produces the first battery-grade lithium hydroxide from the Kwinana Lithium Hydroxide Refinery in WA
  • Based on the lab results, the joint venture successfully and consistently produced battery-grade lithium hydroxide over several days
  • Once the samples have been independently verified, the product qualification process with offtake customers will begin
  • Shares in IGO are up 5.32 per cent on the market and are trading at $11.68 at 1:34 pm AEST

IGO (IGO) has produced the first battery-grade lithium hydroxide from the Kwinana Lithium Hydroxide Refinery in Western Australia.

Based on the laboratory results, the joint venture successfully and consistently produced battery-grade lithium hydroxide over several days.

IGO holds a 49 per cent stake in the Kwinana Refinery while Tianqi Lithium Corporation holds the remaining 51 per cent.

Once the samples have been independently verified, the product qualification process with offtake customers will begin.

“We are delighted to announce this important achievement and we congratulate the joint venture team for their focus and professionalism through the progressive commissioning and trial production of Train 1 at Kwinana and the delivery of this important milestone,” CEO and Managing Director Peter Bradford commented.

“Vertical integration into downstream processing is a key plank in IGO’s strategy and we are proud to be involved in the first production of lithium hydroxide in commercial quantities in Australia.”

“The joint venture’s interest in both the upstream mining asset at Greenbushes and the downstream refinery at Kwinana is emerging as a globally significant, integrated lithium business.”

Shares in IGO were up 5.32 per cent on the market and were trading at $11.68 at 1:34 pm AEST.

IGO by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) - Non Executive Chairman, Nick Jorss

" Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) intersects significant assays at Seventy Mile Mount

Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) has intersected significant assays in its initial drilling program at the Seventy Mile…

" Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) begins stage one drilling at Ruddygore

Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) has begun stage one drilling at the Ruddygore Prospect in North Queensland.

" Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) confirms displacement of Duffer lode at Dittmer mine, QLD

Ballymore Resources (ASX:BMR) has confirmed through diamond drilling that the historic Duffer lode at its Dittmer…
The Market Herald Video

" Bannerman Resources (ASX:BMN) raises $12M for Etango-8

Bannerman Resources (ASX:BMN) has successfully tapped investors for an extra $12 million in funding for its…