Source: Ionic Rare Earths
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Ionic Rare Earths (IXR) application has been approved for a retention licence at its Makuutu Rare Earths Project in Uganda
  • The Ugandan Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (DGSM) has approved Exploration Licence 1766 to a retention licence
  • This approval aligns with IXR’s strategy to speed up the development of Makuutu
  • Additionally, IXR is awaiting the outcome of the exploration licence application for TN03575, which will increase the size of Makuutu
  • On the market, Ionic closed up 3.13 per cent at 3.3 cents per share

Ionic Rare Earths (IXR) has had its application approved for a retention licence at its Makuutu Rare Earths Project in Uganda.

The Ugandan Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (DGSM) has approved Exploration Licence 1766 to a retention licence.

A retention licence is an intermediate licence between an exploration licence and a mining licence. It allows activities such as intensive exploration, research and other development activities required to demonstrate the economic viability of mining.

This approval aligns with IXR’s strategy to speed up the development of Makuutu.

IXR will move to 60 per cent ownership of Makuutu once the feasibility study is completed, which is expected in October 2022, and has the pre-emptive right over the remaining 40 per cent stake in the project.

The licence has been granted for three years and a phase four drilling program has relocated all three drill right onto RL00234.

Infill drilling has progressed and this has the potential to convert nearly 100 million tonnes of inferred resource to indicated resource classification alone.

Additionally, IXR is awaiting the outcome of the exploration licence application for TN03575, submitted in mid July, which will increase the size of the Makuutu tenement to about 300,000 hectares.

On the market, Ionic closed up 3.13 per cent at 3.3 cents per share.

IXR by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Riversgold (ASX:RGL) shares rocket following key WA lithium tenement grant

Riversgold's (ASX:RGL) shares this morning spiked over 41.5 per cent after the company announced it had…

" Lucapa Diamond Company (ASX:LOM) unearths 204-carat diamond from Mothae mine, Lesotho

Lucapa Diamond Company (ASX:LOM) and its partner have recovered a 204-carat diamond from the Mothae mine…

" AGL Energy (ASX:AGL) to split into two distinct energy businesses

AGL Energy (ASX:AGL) has detailed plans to separate its business into two distinct organisations: New AGL…
Kingston Resources (ASX:KSN) - Managing Director, Andrew Corbett

" Kingston Resources (ASX:KSN) gets drill results from SOZ underground deposit

Kingston Resources (ASX:KSN) has received results from an initial hole drilled at the Southern Ore Zone…