- Kairos Minerals (KAI) has provided a pre-Christmas update to shareholders on the exploration work at its Pilbara Gold Project in WA
- The exploration company advises that it has completed reverse circulation (RC) drilling program at the Mt York Project
- A total of 16 holes were drilled for 2130 metres at Mt York's Old Faithful deposit, targeting extensions to the current resource
- In addition to this, Kairos has also received assay results from recent drilling at the Fuego and Tierra prospects within the Croydon Project
- The results from these prospects will help the company further refine targets as well as provide vectors to higher grade zones
- Heading into the new year, Kairos Minerals is expecting assay results from Mt York and additional results from Croydon
- Shares in KAI are trading down 8.11 per cent at 3.4 cents each
Kairos Minerals (KAI) has provided a pre-Christmas update to shareholders on the exploration work at its Pilbara Gold Project.
Located in WA, the Pilbara Project encompasses a number of different projects — including the Mt York Project where a drilling program recently began.
Kairos now advises that the reverse circulation (RC) drilling program at Mt York has been completed, with 16 holes drilled for 2130 metres.
The drilling took place within the project's Old Faithful deposit and was targeting extensions to the current resource as well as high-grade zones within the deposit.
It's hoped the results from the program will help upgrade the current unclassified, inferred and indicated resources into higher-confidence categories.
In addition to completing drilling at Mt York, Kairos also received assay results from recent drilling at the Fuego and Tierra prospects within the Croydon Project.
At Fuego, the company intersected anomalous gold results from holes drilled near and across the main fault zone, while at Tierra anomalous results were also returned from the Sisters Supersuite intrusion.
Kairos is hoping to use the full results from the Croydon drilling program to further refine targets for follow-up and provide vectors to higher grade zones.
"Given the scale of the targets and the very wide-spaced nature of this initial drilling, these programs have given us a really good look at the opportunities in these areas," Executive Chairman Terry Topping said.
"Significantly, the tenor of anomalous gold intersected at depth correlates very closely to the anomalous values returned from surface soil sampling," Terry added.
Heading into the new year, Kairos Minerals is expecting assay results from the Mt York Project and additional results from Croydon, including a heritage survey.
Shares in KAI are trading down 8.11 per cent at 3.4 cents each at 12:51 pm AEDT.