- Kin Mining (KIN) has received exceptional results from drilling at the Cardinia Hill deposit, part of the Cardinia Gold Project in WA
- The 8300-metre program began last month and is aimed at extending the current mineral resource to 200 metres below surface
- Early results have already been encouraging, returning grades of up to 7g/t and 14.9g/t gold
- The program has also extended the strike and depth extent of the Southern Shoot to about 200 metres
- Drilling is ongoing and Kin has also begun drilling at seven targets within the emerging Eastern Corridor of the Cardinia Gold Project
- Kin Mining is up 8.7 per cent and shares are trading at 12.5 cents
Kin Mining (KIN) has reported outstanding high-grade assay results from reverse circulation and diamond resource definition drilling at the Cardinia Hill deposit.
This deposit is located at Kin’s wholly owned Cardinia Gold Project near Leonora in Western Australia.
Cardinia Hill was discovered early last year during a drilling program. This drilling program also resulted in an inferred mineral resource of 1.2 million tonnes at 1.66g/t for 61,000 ounces of gold in December 2020.
The recent program began last month and includes 47 holes, for 8300 metres, to extend the mineral resource to roughly 200 metres below surface and infill the near-surface portion.
Best results include eight metres at 14.9g/t gold from 194 metres, 12 metres at 7g/t gold from 80.6 metres, 24 metres at 3.12g/t gold from 19 metres including nine metres at 6.95g/t gold from 34 metres, and 13 metres at 5.98g/t gold from 38 metres.
Pleasingly, these assays have extended high-grade mineralisation at the Southern Shoot to a 200-metre vertical depth. This highlights the potential for a future underground mining operation at Cardinia Hill.
“This is a great way to close-out the first quarter, with the first batch of assays from the resource definition drilling program at Cardinia Hill well and truly coming up with the goods,” Managing Director Andrew Munckton said.
“These results have exceeded our expectations and upgraded the potential of this deposit, as well as our understanding of, and growing confidence in, the emerging Eastern Corridor which hosts Cardinia Hill and numerous other recently defined targets,” he added.
Alongside this program, Kin has begun drilling seven targets at the Eastern Corridor of the Cardinia Gold Project. These targets were identified by a gravity survey completed late last year and hold excellent potential for addition discoveries.
Kin Mining is up 8.7 per cent and shares are trading at 12.5 cents at 10:48 am AEDT.