- Biotech company LBT Innovations (LBT) has signed a partnership with oneservice for its APAS Independence product
- oneservice will become the service provider for APAS Independence customers in the U.S. and Europe, providing installation and maintenance support
- APAS Independence is a technology platform which automates culture plate screening and interpretation for microbiologists
- The technology is being commercialised with Clever Culture Systems, a company 50 per owned by LBT
- LBT shares are trading up 8.82 per cent at 18.5 cents per share
Biotech company LBT Innovations (LBT) has signed a partnership with oneservice for its APAS Independence product.
oneservice will become the service provider for APAS Independence customers in the U.S. and Europe.
APAS Independence is a platform which automates culture plate screening and interpretation for microbiologists, saving them from having to do it manually.
LBT works with its joint venture company, Clever Culture Sytems (CCS), to commercialise the technology.
Under this agreement, CCS will also partner with oneserivce, which will install and maintain each APAS Independence product sold.
LBT CEO and Managing Director, Brent Barnes, said the partnership will allow for sales growth in the key markets.
"Every customer we talk with wants confidence in knowing who will service their instrument and rate this highly in their purchasing decision. The addition of oneservice as our service provider means we are now able to provide local support to our customers in both Europe and the United States," he said.
oneservice CEO, Matthias Raquet, said he was delighted to partner with LBT and CCS.
"Our proven history as a global service provider delivering excellent service to medical device, diagnostics and life science companies will help to make the APAS Independence a great success. We look forward to a long and successful partnership," he said.
The agreement with oneservice comes after LBT recently signed a marketing agreement with Beckman Coulter, who act as the marketing agent for APAS Independence.
It also raised $8 million via a placement, with an additional share purchase plan aiming to raise $1 million in funds.
LBT shares are up 8.82 per cent following today's announcement, trading for 18.5 cents per share.