Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Electricity provider Locality Planning Energy (LPE) saw one of its best months on record in April, with increased uptake from new customers
  • The company’s customer base grew by 1000 during the month
  • Of the new customers, around 90 per cent were residential, with the remaining 10 per cent coming from small to medium businesses and organisations
  • The company attributes the strong month to its focus on online marketing, alongside the relaunch of its website
  • Today, Locality Planning Energy gained 1.96 per cent on the market, with shares trading for 26 cents per share

Electricity provider Locality Planning Energy (LPE) saw one of its best months on record in April, with increased uptake from new customers.

The company’s customer base grew by 1000 during the month. This uptake remains in line with Locality planning’s end-of-year target of 30,000 customers.

Of the new customers, around 90 per cent were residential with the remaining 10 per cent coming from small to medium businesses and organisations.

The company attributes the strong month to a focus on online marketing, alongside the relaunch of its website.

However, due to the impacts of COVID-19, the company rolled out a redundancy program, which stood down all casual employees, as well as some permanent staff midway through April.

CEO of Locality Planning Energy, Damien Glanville is pleased with the company’s performance last month, given the challenges facing the broader economy. 

“While Locality Planning’s core business of electricity retail in strata communities is a highly durable, consumer staple product bolstered by long-term contracts and deep industry relationships, our whole team should be commended on their demonstrated capability to adapt and excel in spite of external uncertainty and significant cost reductions internally,” Damien explained.

“This nimble, customer-oriented culture is at the core of our competitive advantage and underpin our confidence in delivering continued growth over the long-term,” he said.  

Despite a strong first-quarter report, released in mid-April, Locality’s market share has struggled in recent months.

Since the beginning of the year, the company’s share price has dropped more than 60 per cent. However, in more recent weeks, the share price has regained some of its losses.  

Today, Locality Planning Energy gained 1.96 per cent on the market, with shares trading for 26 cents per share at 11:01 am AEST.

LPE by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
The Market Herald Video

" Metgasco (ASX:MEL) flags $5.9m buyout of Patriot Hydrogen

Metgasco (ASX:MEL) is set to purchase waste-to-hydrogen production business Patriot Hydrogen for $5.9 million as part…
Melbana Energy (ASX:MAY) - Executive Chairman, Andrew Purcell (left)

" Melbana Energy (ASX:MAY) reaches 2150m depth at Zapato-1, Cuba

Melbana Energy (ASX:MAY) has reached a depth of 2150 metres at the side-track hole in its…
The Market Herald Video

" Whitebark Energy (ASX:WBE) completes Rex-4 well drilling

Whitebark Energy (ASX:WBE) has completed the first phase of the Rex-4 development well at its Wizard…
The Market Herald Video

" Peninsula Energy’s (ASX:PEN) Lance DFS highlights potential as globally unique uranium operation

Peninsula Energy's (ASX:PEN) definitive feasibility study positions its Lance projects as a globally competitive in-situ recovery…