- Metalicity (MCT) has appointed Justin Barton as Managing Director, effective on January 1, 2022
- Mr Barton has been with the company for over five years and has been performing the role of CEO and Chief Financial Officer since June 1 this year
- The board believes Mr Barton wll play a key role in guiding the development of the Kookynie and Yundamindra gold projects in WA
- Mr Barton’s current annual remuneration package won’t change, as he has already been working in the role of MD as acting CEO.
- Company shares have been trading steady at 0.9 cents
Metalicity (MCT) has appointed Justin Barton as Managing Director, effective on January 1, 2022.
Mr Barton has been with Metalicity since 2016 and has been an Executive Director since the start of 2018. Over the last few months, the company said he’s displayed strong leadership skills as the CEO in addition to his duties as Chief Financial Officer.
As he steps into the role of MD and projects continue to expand, the company will look for a replacement to fill the role of Chief Financial Officer.
According to the board, appointing Mr Barton as a permanent Managing Director is a ‘key step’ in its objective of accelerating the Kookynie and Yundamindra gold projects towards development.
Chair Andrew Daley said appointing Mr Barton to the role permanently is a “natural progression”.
“Justin’s appointment as CEO in July followed the company’s transition to a project developer and manager after it earned a 51 per cent interest in the Kookynie and Yundamindra gold project in the eastern goldfields of WA,” he said.
“We continue to believe the single biggest value driver for all shareholders will be progressing the successful development of the project, and Justin is the right person to lead our team to achieve this.”
Mr Barton’s current annual remuneration package won’t change as he has already been
working in the role of MD as acting CEO.
However, subject to shareholder approval at the next annual general meeting, the board proposes to grant Mr Barton up to 10 million performance rights with strict share price performance and employment vesting conditions.
Company shares were trading steady at 0.9 cents at 1:19 pm AEDT.