- Metalicity (MCT) receives final assays from recent drilling at the Champion prospect within the Kookynie Gold Project in Western Australia
- Sixteen of 24 holes reportedly returned a significant intercept, with assays delivering consistent grades over “good widths” close to surface
- MCT says the results bode well for Champion’s pending mineral resource estimate
- The company is planning its next drilling program with a focus on the McTavish prospect and untested strike between the site and Leipold
- Metalicity shares closed at 1.2 cents on July 14
Metalicity (MCT) has received final assays from recent drilling at the Champion prospect within the Kookynie Gold Project in Western Australia’s (WA’s) Eastern Goldfields region.
Sixteen of 24 holes drilled at the site reportedly returned a significant intercept, with assays delivering consistent grades over “good widths” close to surface.
Among the results, best intercepts included 12 metres at 2.04 grams of gold per tonne (g/t) from 95 metres.
This particular intersection also contained five metres at 1.5g/t from 95 metres, as well as four metres at 3.9g/t from 104 metres.
According to the explorer, the recent results bode well for Champion’s pending mineral resource estimate, which is being calculated along with the Leipold and McTavish prospects — all of which are situated on mining leases.
Commenting on the latest finds, Metalicity CEO Justin Barton said: “The number of significant widths and consistent grades returned at Champion add to the spectacular results recently returned at McTavish and Leipold, enhancing the exciting potential of these projects.
“These results at Champion continue to define and expand the mineralisation and further validate the significant mineralisation already observed at all three prospects.”
Meanwhile, a further 12 holes remain outstanding at the project’s Cosmopolitan prospect.
Looking ahead, MCT is finalising plans for its next drilling program, which will focus on McTavish as well as two kilometres of untested strike between the prospect and Leipold.
Shares in Metalicity closed at 1.2 cents on July 14, 2021.