- Mincor Resources (MCR) hits massive sulphides while drilling the gap between the Long and Durkin North orebodies in Western Australia
- A major drilling program is underway along 1.1 kilometres of untested strike known as the “Golden Mile”
- Underground drill holes and down-hole electromagnetic (DHEM) surveys are testing for new zones of nickel sulphide mineralisation
- The second drill hole has yielded a massive sulphide intersection showing high-grade tenor typical of the Kambalda Dome mines at Long and Otter Juan
- MCR is planning a systematic DHEM program at Golden Mile in August to assist with targeting ahead of an upcoming drilling program
- Shares have closed at $1.14 apiece on July 15
Mincor Resources (MCR) has intersected massive sulphides while drilling the gap between the Long and Durkin North orebodies in Western Australia.
A major drilling program recently began along the untested 1.1-kilometre zone known as the “Golden Mile” with works comprising fans of underground drill holes.
MCR says these holes, in conjunction with down-hole electromagnetics (DHEM), aim to systematically test the area for significant new zones of nickel sulphide mineralisation.
Kicking off the new financial year, the second diamond hole at the site has reportedly yielded a massive sulphide intersection demonstrating high-grade tenor typical of the Kambalda Dome mines of Long and Otter Juan.
Mincor estimates the intercept to measure 0.5 metres in width and is awaiting final assays to confirm the average nickel grade. These results are expected within the next couple of weeks.
The company’s managing director David Southam said the find was a fantastic start to the drilling campaign.
“Webdrill commenced drilling this month and achieving a massive sulphide intersection in just our second hole has certainly exceeded our expectations and bodes well as drilling activity ramps up with a second rig due this quarter,” he said.
“With Mincor now well advanced with underground development linking the Long and Durkin North orebodies, drilling will be undertaken from the various stockpile locations on the Durkin Incline, with this intersection occurring in the first stockpile location selected for the program.”
Looking ahead, MCR will undertake a systematic DHEM program at Golden Mile beginning in August to assist with targeting ahead of an upcoming drilling program.
Mincor Resources NL shares closed at $1.14 on July 15, 2021.