- MSM Corporation International’s (MSM) strategic partner, Riva Technology and Entertainment, has invested US$2.5 million (approximately A$3.2 million) in Rogue Games
- MSM is an online entertainment company that specialises in building and launching new digital entertainment products
- Game company Rogue Games is powered by innovative technology and developer-first solutions, which have made it successful in the free-to-play mobile gaming industry
- Rogue will use the funds to grow its team, sign new titles and improve its multi-platform publishing abilities
- Through its merger with Riva, MSM aims to create a global media entertainment, esports and gaining business
- MSM shares are in the grey, trading at 5.9 cents each
MSM Corporation International’s (MSM) strategic partner, Riva Technology and Entertainment, has invested US$2.5 million (approximately A$3.2 million) for significant minority interest in Rogue Games.
Rogue, which is a new type of game company powered by innovative technology and developer-first solutions, has found success in the free-to-play mobile gaming industry.
The investment is the latest addition to Riva’s portfolio of esports and gaming business interests, which includes Firefly Games, Galaxy Racer and OkLetsPlay.
MSM Chairman Antoine Massad said “We see [Riva’s] ambition to invest in emerging companies such as Rogue Games, at a time when global digital media entertainment, esports and gaming is growing so rapidly, as a powerful strategy to create shareholder value.”
Riva Technology and Entertainment Director Paul Roy will join the Rogue Games board.
He said the company’s experienced team and unique vision has already yielded fantastic success.
“This investment in Rogue will greatly complement the 360-degree gaming and esports ecosystem that we are building,” Paul said.
MSM established a strategic partnership with The Riva Group in 2017 and has an existing 10 per cent equity interest in the company, as well as first-ranking interest free loan notes of up to US$1.2 million (A$1.5 million).
MSM’s shares are in the grey on Friday, trading at 5.9 cents each at 10:27 am AEDT.