- Newpeak Metals (NPM) looks to refine drill targets ahead of its next campaign at the Las Opeñas Gold Project this month by completing additional surface exploration
- The explorer is set to undertake geological mapping and sampling on two zones identified in the area from a previous induced polarisation survey
- Drilling is scheduled for later this month in a bid to discover and define a precious metals system
- Newpeak believes the additional exploration will aid in refining drillhole positions ahead of the next stage of drilling
- Newspeak Metals shares are trading in the grey at 0.2 cents
Newpeak Metals (NPM) will look to refine drill targets ahead of its next campaign at the Las Opeñas Gold Project this month by completing additional surface exploration
The explorer has laid plans for the next phase of drilling at the project — which is situated in San Juan province of Argentina — to take place later in September in the hopes of discovering and defining a precious metals system.
Before commencing drilling, Newpeak said it wants to undertake surface exploration within the Belleza Target on two chargeability zones which it believes could contain sulphides associated with gold and base metals.
Newpeak is set to undertake geological mapping and sampling on the zones, which are both 600 to 800 metres long and 100 to 150 metres wide.
The zones were clocked during a recent Gradient Array Induced Polarisation
Survey (GAIP) survey.
The company believes this will refine the drillhole positions planned for the next phase of drilling.
Newspeak Metals shares were trading in the grey at 12:44 pm AEST to trade at 0.2 cents.