- Norwood Systems (NOR) and cognitive artificial intelligence company, Amelia, have teamed up to re-invent telco voicemail services
- The companies are committed to replacing recorded voicemail greetings with a dynamic and engaging virtual persona who can answer and screen your calls
- The new service will utilise Norwood's voice assistant offering from its World Voicemail app and Amelia's intelligent virtual assistant
- Norwood Founder and CEO, Paul Ostergaard, says replacing those ageing platforms with a customisable answering service will deliver deeper value and joy to a telco's subscriber base
- Company shares are up 11.1 per cent and trading for 3 cents
Norwood Systems (NOR) has entered an agreement with cognitive artificial intelligence company, Amelia, to re-invent telco voicemail services.
The companies will collaborate on improving existing telco-hosted personal call completion services.
The aim is to replace "canned" recorded voicemail greetings with a dynamic and engaging virtual persona who can answer and screen your calls. This new service is set to complement and utilise Norwood's voice assistant offering, along with Amelia's intelligent virtual assistant hosted in the network.
"In particular, the new service offering that we have jointly conceived with Amelia will provide telcos with a revolutionary pathway to upgrade their legacy call completion platforms, by replacing those ageing platforms with a dynamic and personally configurable answering service, powered by Amelia, that we predict will deliver deep value and joy to a telco's subscriber base," Norwood CEO and Founder Paul Ostergaard said.
Norwood's Voice Assistant is a feature offered through its World Voicemail telco service. It leverages Amelia's cognitive intelligence to provide an automated, interactive voice platform that seamlessly helps and screens inbound callers.
Users of Norwood’s Voice Assistant will be able to configure their own intelligent virtual personal assistant powered by Amelia to route calls, take messages and access relevant information within the World Voicemail app.
"Amelia is already helping many such organisations innovate the call centre and
transform customer services. No doubt, this partnership will drive measurable business benefits through cost and time savings for Norwood customers, present and future," Amelia Managing Director Andrew Winlaw said.
Company shares are up 11.1 per cent and trading for 3 cents at 10:22 am AEDT.