- Nova Minerals (NVA) has appointed DRA Global to help sort out the ore at the Estelle Gold Project
- Ore sorting is recognised as the biggest opportunity for mines and deposits to greatly improve a project's return on investment
- DRA is the global leader in independent engineering and construction support of ore sorting technology
- The company says it recognises the need for sorting studies early in the mine development
- Nova Minerals is down 2.44 per cent on the market this afternoon, trading at 4.2¢ per share
Nova Minerals (NVA) has appointed DRA Global to conduct phase 1 and 2 of ore sorting test-work at the Estelle Gold Project.
DRA Global is a leading engineering, project delivery, and operations management group located in Perth, Western Australia.
The aim of the study in 2020 is to assess the suitability of sorting applicable to the specific mineralisation at the Korbel deposit.
It will involve test work, design, management and supervision to determine ore sorting capability. Additionally, the study will also assess the overall impact of the ore sorting circuit in a future flow sheet.
Ore sorting is recognised as the biggest opportunity for mines and deposits to drastically improve a project's return on investment (ROI).
"Operating mines and brownfields deposits such Korbel constantly look for engineering techniques to increase production, reduce costs, improve recovery, and expand reserves," the company told the market.
Nova says it recognises the need for sorting studies early in the mine development. These sort of studies help to move the project towards the pre-feasibility study.
Managing Director Avi Kimelman said he is pleased with the progress the company is making towards delivering on its plant to rapidly unlock the Estelle Gold mine.
"This sorting test work commencing simultaneously with our drilling maintains our strategy of saving time, resources and money by streamlining data and productivity to deliver strong shareholder returns in as short a timeframe as possible," he said.
Nova said its greatest accomplishment in 2019 was providing an inferred category of 2.5 million ounces in gold in a short period of time.
Nova Minerals is down 2.44 per cent on the market this afternoon, trading at 4.2¢ per share at 3:09 pm AEDT.